Luanne

Post by Luanne »

i CAN make sticky notes :(

and I can't add smilies :( :(
admin
Site Admin

Re: sticky

Post by admin »

I need to seek out some smiley packages. And the way I found to do my one sticky note, was that there is an option at the bottom of the post for me to post in normal, or sticky, or announcement or global. I'm sure it's something any admin can do, and probably moderators too, but I swear I'm going to have to enroll in a COURSE to figure out all of the permissions stuff.
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I have to ead dinner, then I'm here all night, tweeking.

Should we invite more people?

I am so bad with a secret!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you're comfortable with the way it is currently, then I'd say go for it. I need to get some dinner out of the way also, but I'll be around later tonight trying to figure out the site logo, and find more smileys.
Admin
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I'm going to go back and delete everything under the name Luanne, although...I am listed as person #2 who joined...hmmmmmmm I'll have to think about that.

Let me know when you'e back, so you can see people's reactions
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Holy CRAP Luanne!!!! I just got back. My hard drive bit the big one right before dinner, and after hard drive surgery and a complete OS reinstall, I'm finally back. I have absolutely zero software, except firefox, and this was the first place I came. Wow. You really know how to gather a crowd!
Admin
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

are you mad? Please don't be. You did a good thing by making this! a good good thing!
Holly

Post by Holly »

Luanne go put your girls to bed. Otherwise I will never catch up. :lol:
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Luanne, Admin needs to change your status to Admin or Moderator to set things as "sticky" etc...
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I have some permissions, but nothing to do with code stuff.
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Luanne when I was a Mod on the old CS site, the permissions allowed me to change it to sticky etc, so perhaps you need Mod status at least.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Luanne - I think that the sticky option is only available on the very first post. Because I don't have the sticky option on my reply here, and there isn't any permission on this site that *I* don't have. But I went to new topic, and right under the checkboxes in the options section (just below, and above submit), I then got a list of radio buttons for normal, sticky, global announcement and such.
Admin
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

nope. I relogged in as a mod, and don't have it? hmmmmmm

If you have time, I'd love smilie permission too.... hehehe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, Luanne. When you're back, please do a sticky check. The documentation lies. :-) We had everything set correctly. So I had to work around it. But I think you should be good now.

For smilies... start with this: If you find any smiley packages that you like, either point me at the URL, or download the package and e-mail them to me. I need something that's compatible with phpBB3 (shouldn't be an issue) and the download should come with a .pac file. I need to upload them to the host, but then you can take care of managing them from there. I can talk you through it on Friday. I'm due to have some free time after work.
Admin