Spin Art Cards

mpizzazz

Spin Art Cards

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm only going to post here recent things since the big upheaval. If anyone is interested in my older stuff, it is in my Shutterfly photo album.
Anyway, I did these this week with the Spinner machine. I wanted to try doing the resist idea we did at Retreat this year but do it on transparencies and using something beside the Micro Glaze which I didn't buy. I tried the thinnest smear of vaseline through a stencil before spinning it with alcohol inks. It worked great.
Also for the transparency, I used a few that were rejected prints for poor printing so that is why there are random things in the backgrounds like windmill blades, etc.

First-Left Card: Checkerboard stencil resist, alcohol inks, coloring book page, Centennial green, Mosaic Twist handdye, rubon glue letters, purple glitter
Right Card: Alcohol inks on printed transparency, Cyprus teal, Centennial green, County Fair blue with Bridges stencil, Haberdashery greeting
IMG_6714.JPG
IMG_6714.JPG (96.52 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Second-Left Card: Written Word stencil resist, alcohol inks on printed transparency, magazine ad from PIF from Lynn (the gold ad of fabric or wallpaper), Ivory Elegance card, peel off greetings
Right Card: Negative leaf shapes cut with Cuttlebug for stencil resist, alcohol inks on printed transparency, TJ technique on English Garden paper, Farmers Market card, Bistro tab greetings
IMG_6713.JPG
IMG_6713.JPG (95.4 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Third-Left Card: alcohol inks on printed transparency, Cruisin stamp, black ink, text from Gourmet magazine, Study in Red greeting tag, Haberdashery card
Right Card: Written word stencil for resist, alcohol inks on printed transparency, Art deco papers, Copper plant tag and eyelet, metal embossing for greeting, Haberdashery card
IMG_6715.JPG
IMG_6715.JPG (145.13 KiB) Viewed 524 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Luly

Re: Spin Art Cards

Post by Luly »

These are great! I have been searching high and low for one of these spin art things since retreat.Image.Joanns, Michaels and AC Moore. NADA..

Every week, I clip my coupon and head to the stores hoping with Christmas around the corner they will have them soon.

Great work!
flojo

Post by flojo »

What is the best brand of the spin art machine. I would love to have one.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Boy are they ever gorgeous! TFS
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Luly wrote:These are great! I have been searching high and low for one of these spin art things since retreat.Image.Joanns, Michaels and AC Moore. NADA..

Every week, I clip my coupon and head to the stores hoping with Christmas around the corner they will have them soon.

Great work!
Michaels usually has them. Make sure you're looking in the kids section. I found mine way up high in the back of the kids section at Michaels.

And I'll add my Awesome Work here too. I dug mine out the other day and am hoping to get to play today!
Holly

Post by Holly »

Nicely done Marrianne I am so gonna have to get use to your new user name.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

OMG! Those are soooo cool! I've been telling myself I don't need one of those machines, because honestly? My spin art didn't come out that great at retreat. And then, there was Pam H (uplatescrappin) right next to me getting the coolest results at the exact same machine! The grass is always greener, I guess. So really, I guess I *do* need one of those machines so that I can PRACTICE. Yeah.. that's what I need.. I need more practice.

8-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

Marrianne-- oh yeah that avatar helps a lot!
nancine

Post by nancine »

these are so cool - I hve my Michael's coupon burning a hole in my wallet... do I need a spin machine?
dehlers43

Post by dehlers43 »

Everyone needs a spin machine! I've been having so much fun with mine....haven't made anything yet but those beautiful cards are totally inspirational!
Here's something to try:
Asian Artisan pearl (the slick, shiny one)
Spin and spray with Glimmer Mist. The GM should form little wet droplets in an all-over pattern.
Spin and quickly add a few drops of alcohol ink. Way cool!
I'm at work now but I'll post some examples later tonight.

BTW, I have the Imagine Nation spin art machine, bought at Michael's. Takes one "D" battery.
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

Those are great!
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

These look great, Marianne! I got my spin art machine (the RoseArt brandlike we used at retreat) at Meijers. Walmart probably also has them. Hobby Lobby carries some, but may not be the same brand. They are in 'toys' at the big box stores and with Christmas coming I imagine they are stocked up right now. Mine was around $10
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Marianne, so good to see you here :)

Love what you are creating with the spinner!!
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

WOW!!! :clap:
Fantastic ART
Luly

Post by Luly »

azemigh wrote:
Luly wrote:These are great! I have been searching high and low for one of these spin art things since retreat.Image.Joanns, Michaels and AC Moore. NADA..

Great work!
Michaels usually has them. Make sure you're looking in the kids section. I found mine way up high in the back of the kids section at Michaels.

And I'll add my Awesome Work here too. I dug mine out the other day and am hoping to get to play today!
I will keep checking at Michaels but I have had no luck so far. Anyone have a Crayola brand spinner? Is it the same as the others? I really cant wait to get some more of these done. It was the messiest and most fun project at retreat.Image