our beads from Luanne's class

troublesmom

Re: our beads from Luanne's class

Post by troublesmom »

I just finished making some. They are so cool to make but I need to get some colored UTEE. I did find some gold to add to a few of them. Might add it to them all.
Paper beads.jpg
Paper beads.jpg (100.43 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
donnak

Post by donnak »

Great job, Cheryl! I like those ones with the greenish flowers and stuff on them - do you remember what paper you used for them???
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks Donna most of the papers that I used were retired Stampin' Up! Designer Papers.
donnak wrote:Great job, Cheryl! I like those ones with the greenish flowers and stuff on them - do you remember what paper you used for them???
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

All really pretty!! I can't wait to try some with patterned paper/magazines. For some reason I made all white ones to play with on Saturday and while they were cool they lacked some pizazz that the patterned ones seemed to have. Now that my melting pot has been dusted off though I am looking forward to playing more and trying some new things. I also keep forgetting to post a pic of what mine looked like that I made on Saturday. I'll try and remember to do that when I am home later tonight.

Many thanks again to Luanne for giving me the kick in the butt I needed to get out my melting pot and play. :happy94:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Gwen you certainly have that right. My melting pot really was dusty :oops: I plan on doing more of these later. I just need to get more UTEE. I was thinking of trying somewith micro beads added also.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Goregous beads Cheryl!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I knew if I had something fun to do my phone would start ringing and I would have to work ALL WEEK! But I finally got some time to get my melting pot fired up last night and make some BEADS! Yeah! I loooooooove these and want to say THANKS again to Luanne for such a wonderful tutorial. YOU ROCK!!!!

And here they are: White paper with Marcasite EP; Black paper with Winter Wonderland EP; Purple paper with Copper UTEE
Attachments
WhitewithMarcasiteBeads_small.jpg
WhitewithMarcasiteBeads_small.jpg (35.86 KiB) Viewed 856 times
BlackwithWWBeads_small.jpg
BlackwithWWBeads_small.jpg (43.4 KiB) Viewed 855 times
PurplewithCopperBeads_small.jpg
PurplewithCopperBeads_small.jpg (44.14 KiB) Viewed 856 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

And some more:

Pink paper with Rose Gold EP and Yellow paper with Copper UTEE
Attachments
PinkwithRoseGoldBeads_small.jpg
PinkwithRoseGoldBeads_small.jpg (37.22 KiB) Viewed 852 times
YellowCopperBeads_small.jpg
YellowCopperBeads_small.jpg (44.63 KiB) Viewed 852 times
donnak

Post by donnak »

Rachelle - these are gorgeous - I need to check my stash of EPs and see what I can find! I did make more beads but they are plain, just some Batik print paper from Far Flung Crafts with clear UTEE (they'll go on some swap pages I'm making!)
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

donnak wrote:Rachelle - these are gorgeous - I need to check my stash of EPs and see what I can find! I did make more beads but they are plain, just some Batik print paper from Far Flung Crafts with clear UTEE (they'll go on some swap pages I'm making!)

thanks Donna! I sprinkled the EP on the bead after pulling it from the melting pot and then melted that with blasts from my heat gun. The regular EP doesn't work in the pot. To get it on the ends of the bead I just heated the end up on the floor of the melting pot and then dipped into the EP, finally melting with the heat gun.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Rachelle they are beautiful! These are so much fun to do once you get into them. I have to go back and play more.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Rachelle those are beautiful
The top ones look like polished stones
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I decided I needed a place to keep all my beads, both finished and just rolled, until I'm ready to use them, so I covered a recycled plastic candy container with alcohol inks and gave it a sticker title. I used a piece of plastic packing material as a divider to put finished beads on one side and rolled and ready for dipping beads on the other.
Attachments
HandmadeBeadContainer_small.jpg
HandmadeBeadContainer_small.jpg (40.59 KiB) Viewed 781 times
HandmadeBeadContainerCU_small.jpg
HandmadeBeadContainerCU_small.jpg (41.61 KiB) Viewed 781 times
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

So very creative!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO