What's on your Super Bowl Menu?

Got a good recipe? Feel free to share
Ruth Ann Landry

What's on your Super Bowl Menu?

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I could really care less about football most of the time, but if a team I like a little is playing I will watch (Patriots, in particular)...since I'm from PA, I'll watch and root for the Steelers....(my 2nd fav team). Even if I don't watch a game, I have always planned a menu that is easy for people to serve themselves so they can watch the game. This year, it is just DH and I, but we'll be having: Buffalo Chicken wings, Mozzarella sticks and marinara sauce, potato skins, and pasta salad.....DH in now making chocolate whoopie pies for desert.
Paula

Re: What's on your Super Bowl Menu?

Post by Paula »

Ruth Ann, I think we both posted at the same time! I do not have any menu planned, as it will be just my DH and me. But I hope you won't have to have CROW for dessert! Bwahaahaaahaha---------------------

Paula
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

DH is at the hospital working today so it's me & the girls. They could care less about it, so nothing planned
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

DH has to work, so it's just me and Chris. We're going to Bonnie's house - she's cooked enough heavy hors d'oeuvres for an army, white chili, chicken tortellini soup and heaven knows what else. I asked her if she was feeding the masses today, and she said that one thing just led to another. I anticipate heartburn later!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

It is just hubby and I also. I am not a football fan but might sit with for a little while. I made a big pot of turkey soup yesterday and that will be lunch with leftover chicken for dinner. As you can see nothing special. I might go make some sugar free pudding for dessert. IF the spirit moves me.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

Let's see . . . DH went shopping while I was at the LSS . . . since he got up this am he's been cooking. So far we've got cocktail meatballs (sweet & sour) and a small rack of ribs both in crock pots simmering for later. For right now, we've got a few bags of chips and several dips, a fruit plate and a cute bowl of beers on ice. I believe we also have crab cakes in the works for later . . .

And it's just us, LOL.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Kate is having her birthday party today - you know 12 of her closest friends over. They'll be downstairs playing Wii, eating snacks and cake. So I'm sure DH & I will be upstairs in our bedroom watching the superbowl. We have High Def on our t.v. so that's ok with me. I'm sure we'll just snack on her snacks - chips, dip, mozarella sticks, cake. All the junk. Can't wait!
Cathy:)
flojo

Post by flojo »

Well I love football. However, these two teams are not my choice. So I will be hoping it's the Cardinals that beat the &#$% out of Pittsburg. Ha ha, no offense to my Steeler fans but I just kind of like the underdogs, that's all. :lol: :lol: :lol:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

A movie and a stop at Fuddrucker's on the way home. ;)
Pam Cook #48
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

We're watching the game at my best friends house. Nothing too exciting. I'm making kielbasa with brown sugar as an appetizer (cut up the kielbasa and throw it in the crock pot with the brown sugar - yummy!! The ratio is 2 lb kielbasa:1 lb brown sugar). I'm also making a football shaped cake. Started doing it years ago for some reason and it's my thing to bring now.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Luly

Post by Luly »

Going to my sisters. Not sure whats on the menu but I'm bringing 2 bottles 'o' wine! :drunk:
Paula

Post by Paula »

Luly wrote:Going to my sisters. Not sure whats on the menu but I'm bringing 2 bottles 'o' wine! :drunk:
Isn't that the menu?????????????

Paula
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

gwendols wrote:We're watching the game at my best friends house. Nothing too exciting. I'm making kielbasa with brown sugar as an appetizer (cut up the kielbasa and throw it in the crock pot with the brown sugar - yummy!! The ratio is 2 lb kielbasa:1 lb brown sugar). I'm also making a football shaped cake. Started doing it years ago for some reason and it's my thing to bring now.
Do you put anything else in there besides the sugar?
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Dani Larcom wrote:
gwendols wrote:We're watching the game at my best friends house. Nothing too exciting. I'm making kielbasa with brown sugar as an appetizer (cut up the kielbasa and throw it in the crock pot with the brown sugar - yummy!! The ratio is 2 lb kielbasa:1 lb brown sugar). I'm also making a football shaped cake. Started doing it years ago for some reason and it's my thing to bring now.
Do you put anything else in there besides the sugar?
Nope! :mrgreen:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

well... we are hoping the Cardinals win here at our house. I'm working on swaps today, DH is doing minor fix-its around the house and I'll probably only watch BRUCE!!

But we have a tri-tip marinating, baked potatoes, salad and beer planned for later!!