International Quilt Festival Chicago 2009-update

Buy local
Luanne

International Quilt Festival Chicago 2009-update

Post by Luanne »

****I took this article and foto directly from the email newsletter (Recognize anyone?)*****

Join us in Chicago this April!
The-gang-MIU.jpg
The-gang-MIU.jpg (34.68 KiB) Viewed 749 times

Those who’ve attended the International Quilt Festivals over the past few years know that Make It University!™ is the happenin’ place to be. Come join us in Chicago at the Donald E. Stevens Convention Center for the fourth annual Make It University!™ at the International Quilt Festival/Chicago, April 17–19, 2009.

We'll be right in the middle of the show floor with:

Mixed-media, paper, and fiber art vendors selling one-of-a-kind mixed-media supplies, books, kits, novelty papers, and paints.
Lots of hands-on, hour-long workshops, demonstrations, and challenges you can sign up for.
We'll also be showcasing some of our favorite “Rock On!” art quilts we received for our latest reader challenge.
Come Play!

Cloth Paper Scissors® will once again host an Artist Trading Card exchange, and we invite you to bring to the show as many ATCs as you’d like to trade. In keeping with the “Rock On!” theme, we especially welcome ATCs with a musical theme this year.
Some of your favorite Cloth Paper Scissors® and Quilting Arts® artists will be on hand giving mixed-media and art quilt demonstrations in Open Studios, including Judy Coates Perez, Kelli Perkins, Belinda Spiwak, and Melanie Testa.
We will also be filming "Quilting Arts TV" on Saturday, April 18, so if you want a behind-the-scenes look at how we put the show together, make sure to stop by.
You can get more information on Make It University!™ here.

For general information on the International Quilt Festival/Chicago visit quilts.com.
InkPattie

Re: International Quilt Festival Chicago 2009

Post by InkPattie »

Based on your report from last year, I imagine quite a few people who live in the area will be clamoring to go this year!
Luly

Post by Luly »

You know I'm coming! :cool5:
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

I'm still planning on it. Have we talked anymore about the road trip? I have the days off approved - hopefully I won't have to cancel at the last minute.

I'm really looking forward to this!!! :greenbounce:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

i hadn't heard, but I thought we should maybe start making plans?
Luly

Post by Luly »

Change of plans. I will not be able to attend.Image
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Luanne wrote:i hadn't heard, but I thought we should maybe start making plans?
I was thinking that same thing.

Luly - :cry: :angry47: :cry: That stinks!!!!
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Luanne

Re: International Quilt Festival Chicago 2009-update

Post by Luanne »

I intend to go to most of the classes, one the schedule is posted. It doesn't look like they have too many classes this year, but that can change. Belinda is awesome and Kelli & Judi are Brilliant. I'm suprised Bernie isn't committed yet.

Please let me know if you are coming to town, and if you'll need a place to stay. (Room at the Luanne-inn is extremely limited)
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Gwen, I'm still up for the road trip if you are!
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Yep!!! I'm in! I have the days off (Thurs and Fri) and fingers crossed nothing changes at the last minute.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

I have also taken Thursday and Friday off. I have scheduled a full day quilting class for Thursday, since Make it U and the exhibit hall aren't open until Friday. I've never taken a class in this environment before, but I think it will be fun. the class I signed up for is Japanese Patchwork.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I emailed Bernie to see if she's coming this year. Haven't heard anything yet, but I'll let you know.
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Luly wrote:Change of plans. I will not be able to attend.Image

Luly, I'm so sad that you won't be here--I was really looking forward to seeing you!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

gwenj wrote:
Luly wrote:Change of plans. I will not be able to attend.Image

Luly, I'm so sad that you won't be here--I was really looking forward to seeing you!
I'm ignoring that remark, hoping she'll come.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Is there a list of classes somewhere? I'm sooooo excited...shall I say that again?