Dominos *EDIT* please look at last post- NEW DUE DATE 6/1

Holly

Dominos *EDIT* please look at last post- NEW DUE DATE 6/1

Post by Holly »

Is anyone up for a Domino swap? I was thinking that since they come in packs of 12, we could do 12 and send 11, keeping one of our own as well.
They could be done using, paper, stamps, paint, or just about anything you can imagine.

Anyone interested? We could set a deadline of mail by May 1st, and then I would swap after they all get here. I would really like to keep the mail by deadline, so those who have sent in would be receiving them shortly after.

Signed up
Cheryl--received
Becky--received
Pam G--received
Luly--received
Rinda-- received
Lynn (hasmom99)--received
Christy-- received
Rachelle --received
Honey-- received
Lisa--received
troublesmom

Re: Dominos Anyone?

Post by troublesmom »

Holly I might be interested but you do know Dominos come in different sizes!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

I did dominoes with alcohol inks and made them into brooches :)

Here you go. Actually my daughter and I did them together for xmas presents when she was at childcare

http://bp1.blogger.com/_LKLfpGpoGqc/Rv8 ... IM1637.JPG
Holly

Post by Holly »

Yes, in fact I have several different sizes myself, and different colors, too. I didn't want to put any requirement like that on this swap, because I felt that the variety would add interest to any display worked up. What do you think?

Also, after seeing the cool ones Sharon did, using them as jewerly would be neat too.
Becky

Post by Becky »

Just the other day I saw some instructions for decorating dominoes and was thinking it would be an awesome swap! I would love to do this - please sign me up.

I agree that doing them in any size would be best - I don't want to stress out if I can't find the exact right size when I have a chance to hit the store.

Here is where I saw directions for the dominoes:
http://www.theenchantedgallery.com/dominoes.html
rinda

Post by rinda »

Here's some dominoes I made last fall for the LSS flea market.
Rinda
Attachments
rsz_dommania.jpg
rsz_dommania.jpg (42.93 KiB) Viewed 844 times
rinda

Post by rinda »

And here's some collage dominoes I have kicking around. I love making collage dominoes, but I gever bunches away to friends in needs of inspiration or an artistic hug. Thanks for looking,
Rinda
Attachments
collagedoms.jpg
collagedoms.jpg (249.98 KiB) Viewed 850 times
Holly

Post by Holly »

Becky thanks for the link-- It covers all kinds of finishes and styles. Excellent! I really want to do this swap, so lets see how many will sign up for it. I have you down for it Becky, and how about the rest of you? Cheryl? Rinda?

BTW The dominos in one of the pictures are available at Target or Walmart, and they come in different size sets, for a fairly cheap price. I should know cause I think we have 3 sets of those here between the kids and I.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'll do it! You can get shaped ones from skybluepink. I have at least 3 different sizes. Holly can we do them different?

I loved all the samples ya'll showed. I have a few around I'll see if I can find them and show.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

Yes, all the same or all different or some the same and some different. No rules. I just know we can turn out some really gorgeous ones.
Becky

Post by Becky »

Those hexagon shaped ones are fabulous!
I can already tell I'll be stalking the game aisles in all of the discount stores around St. Louis! They'll call me that crazy-domino-lady . . . :lol:
Pam in FL

Post by Pam in FL »

Holly, sign me up. Don't want to pass on this one. I love all the creations, Ladies!!!! :creating:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Becky I got mine at skybluepink and no I have affiliation with them . They just have cool products
Becky wrote:Those hexagon shaped ones are fabulous!
I can already tell I'll be stalking the game aisles in all of the discount stores around St. Louis! They'll call me that crazy-domino-lady . . . :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Becky

Post by Becky »

I just received an order I placed with them - they have really fun stuff! At the time I wasn't thinking about dominoes though. I'll have to visit them again! :D
troublesmom wrote:Becky I got mine at skybluepink and no I have affiliation with them . They just have cool products
Becky wrote:Those hexagon shaped ones are fabulous!
Luly

Post by Luly »

Im in!