Deck of Art- 5 of hearts due 4/14

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
Holly

Deck of Art- 5 of hearts due 4/14

Post by Holly »

So in honor of my 5 grandchildren, it will be the 5 of Hearts, and the theme will be Mother Goose.
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Deck of Art- 5 of hearts

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

ohhhh I have 5 grands too! this will be a challenge...must really put on the thinking cap for this!
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

ooh, great topic! Miss muffet and the spider? Wee willy winkle and his naughty self? The little girl with the curl? Baa baa black sheep? SO many options!
Maree

Post by Maree »

Okay ...am I going mad? I thought I ready fairytales before, now it is Mother goose?
Holly

Post by Holly »

No you saw it, but that isn't what I meant, and I edited it to fix it. I was thinking nursery rhymes.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

That is really going to be a tough one. I still have to do last weeks.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

The Mother Goose rhyme I chose was "Little Boy Blue". It reads:Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn, the sheep's in the meadow, the cow's in the corn. Where is the boy that looks after the sheep? He'd under the haycock fast asleep. Will you wake him? No not I, for if I do he'll be sure to cry"

This is my DGS at about a month old. I stamped the BG with the sheep and word Baa on the bg, but you can hardly see any of it after I covered it all up!Also stamped I love ewe from the CS baby kit.
Attachments
5ofhearts.jpg
5ofhearts.jpg (40.98 KiB) Viewed 681 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

OMG...so cute!
Holly

Post by Holly »

Oh Debbie--how sweet! Terrific work!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Here is my entry for this week. I had to really stretch the concept of Mother Goose, and choose the nursery rhymn of This Old Man---my Grandfather. I wanted to keep it in the theme of the BOM, and yet stay within the challenge.

TFL
Paula
Attachments
100_0573.JPG
100_0573.JPG (47.9 KiB) Viewed 637 times
Holly

Post by Holly »

Paula, did he play knick knack paddywhack with you? :angel:
Paula

Post by Paula »

I'm not sure if he did, but I do remember him reading my sister and I our bedtime stories whenever we went to visit. That is what made my mind lean that way!

Paula
Holly

Post by Holly »

Dang it all-- now I'm stuck with that in my head, I'm just walking around singing it. :wtf:
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Debbie and Paula, your cards are wonderful. I'm still in the thinking stage for this one.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

OK--I'm starting off with a warning. When I was about 5 years old my uncle (mom's brother) taught me a version of Little Miss Muffet with a rather naughty ending. And according to my mother, I learned it very well and recited it every chance I could get. So if you're offended by a slightly risque nursery rhyme then just skip my post and if you don't mind then make sure you're not drinking anything when you read it.
Attachments
Five of HeartsMiss Muffet_small.jpg
Five of HeartsMiss Muffet_small.jpg (35.48 KiB) Viewed 580 times
Five of HeartsMiss MuffetInside_small.jpg
Five of HeartsMiss MuffetInside_small.jpg (28.36 KiB) Viewed 579 times