ATG tape

Save some $ Find out what works
Judi in IL

ATG tape

Post by Judi in IL »

Where are you all buying your Scotch ATG tape? I have always ordered mine from the same place (on EBay) where I got our ATGs a couple of years ago, but the last 2 boxes of tape keep misbehaving. it is finally time to order more and I am considering ordering somewhere else. Thanks.
EDelValle

Re: ATG tape

Post by EDelValle »

I order mine from Framing supplies but
a few ladies order from a CS member
I think it was Tanya, I don't have her
web site info, but I'm sure someone else
will have it.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

framing supply, as well!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I think there must have been a whole lot of bad tape out there about a year ago. I got some too. I'd purchased a red gun, and it didn't work at all (that was during a bad batch of guns), so I went out and purchased a yellow gun, since the story was that those models were fine. And that seemed to be true. But then after about 3 rounds of tape, my yellow gun started to act awful. Now my red one is just as bad. Both my guns are going off of a huge batch of tape refils from Tanya. I'm sure she had no idea that what she was getting from her supplier was bad.

My point is that it's only been a year, and the tape issue could easily be a crap shoot still. Hopefully framingsupply turns tape around fast enough that they'd be well past the bad tape problem. But they were completly unwilling to work with me when I called them about my faulty red gun. So while their price is right, and they probably don't have any bad tape, just know that you're probably out of luck if you do get something bad from them. They're cheap and fast, but wanted nothing to do with any returns. Just my experience.

Also, I just went to tanyascreations.com, and while there's a link for ATGs, it just resolves to a sponsored link page. So my guess is that she doesn't sell it any more.

Here's framing supply, if you haven't found it yet:
http://www.framingsupplies.com/3M/Scrap ... esPage.htm
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

Thanks everybody. I will order from them.
Luly

Post by Luly »

I know I am a little late but I too get mine from Framing Supplies. I love the bubble wrap football shape it comes in when it arrives..:greenbounce:
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I think the problem with the
tape guns was a manufacturer
problem and Framing Supplies was
following directions giving the name
and phone number of a person at the
factory who was assigned to deal with the
numerous problems, they were missing some
vital part when put together. I thought by now
all of the tape guns had been replaced
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Tanya still sells it. www.scrapbookdream.com
Make sure your gun is clean (mine was pretty gunky with bits of adhesive and I just never noticed it) and don't bother with the cheap brand. It worked well for me for the first few rolls and the last few have been giving me fits. I've never had a problem with the 3M brand (not saying I won't but so far, so good).

Now that I think about it - I was storing extra rolls in a drawer next to the furnace vent. I wonder if the heat was a factor?
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I know that Bay (CS site) had a terrible time as she got 2 bad guns, I think, but just reported a few days ago that both had been replaced and she is now very happy with her functioning atg........not sure who she dealt with though...I got both my gun and my tape from framingsupplies and have never had a problem....very fast on delivery....love the football bubble tape packages as well!!!
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

I stick with Framing, I strayed once, no fault of Tanya's of course, bought the off brand instead of the 3m, not happy... stick with the 3M brand.
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio