Deck of Art--2 of spades-ANGER/Frustration

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
pamcook

Re: Deck of Art--2 of spades-ANGER/Frustration

Post by pamcook »

Love the texture and the description - I think maybe I can see the yellow lips you described?
Very cool.
Pam Cook #48
Paula

Post by Paula »

Pam---that is not just a deck of art----that is ART :happy94:

Absolutley love it!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Waaaaaaay Coooool! I was thinking of going with an art interpretation of anger too. Now I have some ideas. Will the face come through if you take a picture with some lighting on it to cause shadows? I really wanna see the face!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Here is my card, representing frustration. The journaling reads--My sister and I were very fortunate to have an aunt that was so close to us in age. Sometimes problems would surface when my sister and I would get jealous. She got to do things before we did. I was so angry this Christmas that my aunt received the doll that I wanted! If you look close, you can tell I even ripped the photo in half. I must have been an evil child!

TFL
Paula
Attachments
100_0606.JPG
100_0606.JPG (17.54 KiB) Viewed 359 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Good one, Paula! I had lots of times like that growing up - unfortunately there were no pics of it! (Or maybe "fortunately." :lol: )

Please tell me that you can see the face now. Otherwise I'll feel like a. I need to work on it some more and b. I'm crazy because I see things that nobody else does. :-o
Anger2.jpg
Anger2.jpg (346.83 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

Thanks Pam, it just doesn't compare to yours :oops:

Yes, I see the face, AWESOME!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Oh Paula, I love yours. :clap:

I guess I should mention that before I started playing with paper, I painted for fun. For me - paper is hard - paint is not. Watercolor is my latest plaything, so those aren't so great yet, but give me oil or acrylic and I can have some serious fun.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Pam - it's fantastic. What an awesome artsy interpretation! And yes, can definitely see the face and some resemblance to the painting! Just, you sound like you are beginning to "feel" it...but I admit, scanners can be VERY frustrating machines! So can cameras - was trying to get a shot of a mega hornet in our potting shed today and the thing just wouldn't focus on it! Argh!!!! If I wasn't doing a CHILDHOOD deck of art I would make mine today and theme it on cameras...it would come straight from the heart!

Paula - could we have that a bit bigger - would love to see the photo!!! Great way to remember - if probably not the nicest memory...
Paula

Post by Paula »

Here is the pic a little larger. You can see the POUT on my face :oops: and the ripped picture a little better. It just looses a little clarity, as the photo could be considered an ANTIQUE :lol: :lol:
Attachments
100_0607.JPG
100_0607.JPG (36.68 KiB) Viewed 351 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Awesome! I can see the face too! Very Cool.

And I love yours too Paula. Great interpretations of the theme.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I can clearly see the face now - wow. I am in awe of anyone who can use paint and make something beautiful with it. I do not have that talent - not in the least.

I love your photo with the doll! I can only image how jealous you must have been. The card is great.
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

perfect pix, perfect ATC!!!!!
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Pam- I really love your card! I can see the face too. Wow!!!!

Paula- I was that Aunt. I have a neice who is two years younger and one who is five years younger and it always seemed that they wanted my stuff. Love the card! TFS!
Paula

Post by Paula »

scrappin nurse wrote:Pam- I really love your card! I can see the face too. Wow!!!!

Paula- I was that Aunt. I have a neice who is two years younger and one who is five years younger and it always seemed that they wanted my stuff. Love the card! TFS!
I guess I must add that she is STILL my favorite Aunt today, even though she got the doll first :lol: :lol:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam I love the colors and the texture also. Great ATC! I'm still trying to think about mine.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO