Deck of Art - Q of Clubs - Essence of Bovinity - due 6/3

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
pbp908

Re: Deck of Art - Q of Clubs - Essence of Bovinity - due 6/3

Post by pbp908 »

Sue! I cown't say enough about that card! It's moovahlous!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Many thanks from both of us.
Lola.gif
Lola.gif (36.26 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Wow, I love those two cow cards! You gals have such fantastic ideas. I couldn't believe you had Stepping Out paper under the pretty cow, Sue - what a hoot!
Great choice of a theme - so up-to-date. Just not yet sure what I'll make of it, seeing that I have a childhood theme to my deck and I wasn't brought up on a farm (unfortunately)...
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wow, so very cool. IP your card is moovalous! Sue I have to say your card is great. BTW - I have a SIL whose name is Lola.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

coolboxuk wrote:Wow, I love those two cow cards! You gals have such fantastic ideas. I couldn't believe you had Stepping Out paper under the pretty cow, Sue - what a hoot!
Great choice of a theme - so up-to-date. Just not yet sure what I'll make of it, seeing that I have a childhood theme to my deck and I wasn't brought up on a farm (unfortunately)...
Did you drink milk as a child? Or get introduced when young to tea or coffee with milk in it? Or maybe an ice cream ritual in your family? You could make a case for ice cream being the true essence of bovinity. I doubt anyone would challenge you!

I am somewhat lactose intolerant, so I have milk stories from my childhood, for example...

When I was young, my father was in the Air Force and we were stationed in Spain. The milk sold in the commissary was brought over as powdered milk, reconstituted in Spain, and sold in large cartons with a little spicket at the bottom. I never liked that milk. There was one time when we took a car trip to a nearby Navy base, where they had fresh milk that had just been shipped in. My father bought a half gallon carton, and he, my mother and sister passed it around the car drinking it like it was something really special. Me, no thanks! I don't even like ice cream! :wtf:
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

InkPattie wrote:
coolboxuk wrote:Wow, I love those two cow cards! You gals have such fantastic ideas. I couldn't believe you had Stepping Out paper under the pretty cow, Sue - what a hoot!
Did you drink milk as a child? Or get introduced when young to tea or coffee with milk in it? Or maybe an ice cream ritual in your family? You could make a case for ice cream being the true essence of bovinity. I doubt anyone would challenge you!

I am somewhat lactose intolerant, so I have milk stories from my childhood, for example...

When I was young, my father was in the Air Force and we were stationed in Spain. The milk sold in the commissary was brought over as powdered milk, reconstituted in Spain, and sold in large cartons with a little spicket at the bottom. I never liked that milk. There was one time when we took a car trip to a nearby Navy base, where they had fresh milk that had just been shipped in. My father bought a half gallon carton, and he, my mother and sister passed it around the car drinking it like it was something really special. Me, no thanks! I don't even like ice cream! :wtf:
I don't like ice cream either, or cream, or milk. The only dairy thing I like is cheese and am not supposed to eat it because I have a yeast intolerance... My mother loves ice cream - she would sometimes have a big bowl of it for lunch when we were on holidays! Maybe I'll find something around that theme - give me a bit of time...
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is great. And I have an idea too. But I also have 3 to catch up on. Hoping Monday I'm back in the swing of things. We're just back from orientation at the U of A for the boy who just graduated and he's heading for Seattle tomorrow. So, whew! maybe some me time coming.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I love this theme and the cards posted so far. The fact that I-P is lactose intolerant makes it even funnier, sorry I-P!
This is going to be hard to choose, I LOVE cheese, milk and ice cream. In fact, I have a photo right here on my table of a big bowl of chocolate almond fudge ice cream to scrap for a 365 layout.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

Okay, my brain just kicked in :lol: :lol: I have an idea! Now, I just need to get the time to play, Maybe Wednesday :lol: :lol:
Paula

Post by Paula »

Here is my entry. This is a picture of my sister 'back in the day'! The journaling reads-- Serves her right that I chose this picture. Vicki was always the 'skinny' one. Was and still is. But now that we are older, the rivalry is gone. Ya think? We really are the best of friends. My favorite desert is skinny cows, and my favorite friend is my sister. :happy94:

TFL,
Paula
it's a stretch, I know :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
100_0611.JPG
100_0611.JPG (42.42 KiB) Viewed 372 times
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Paula

this is so clever
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Love it, Paula! And I"m so enjoying the stories about you and your sister. Wonderful!
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

this was fun
Attachments
Bovine_resized.jpg
Bovine_resized.jpg (212.58 KiB) Viewed 360 times
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Love these entries! Keep'em coming! We need moooooooore!
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Paula - what a laugh! Where on earth did you find the cow picture? Love how you relate it to your sister, sweet touch!

Maritza - love it. Mine is going to be about milk as well - was the only connection I could make in my childhood... Need to get on and make it, though!