Great Outdoors?

LadyJaine

Great Outdoors?

Post by LadyJaine »

Was GO ever available as a digital kit? I'm not seeing it on the CS site, and I wasn't into digital back then...
pbp908

Re: Great Outdoors?

Post by pbp908 »

I'm not sure if it was offered as a digital. I do know that when they changed the digi format they put a lot of the old kits on sale and then discontinued them. I'm glad that I got what I did when I did.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Luly

Post by Luly »

When I started going digi I even sent an email suggestion to CS that they re-release the older kits for those of us who were not into back then. I dont understand why they there is no 'work' involved.. IE reprinting of papers and such so no real 'cost' for them.

I would love a few of the older digi kits.. Great Outdoors, Refresh, Stratosphere, Bistro....ok almost all of them..LOL
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yes, GO was available as digi. Everything between Surf's Up (I think) and Private Eye were available as their original digi kits where they even scanned the ALSB layouts and gave you those. But then they changed the way they were doing their extractions, and were trying to go more mainstream. Their quick pages do look more like mainstream QPs than the ALSBs did, but everything else is largely the same.

When they said that they were discontinuing the "old" stuff, I purchased every single kit. I haven't used them for much at all, but I wanted to have them.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Refresh is the kit I use the most. Even if it's just one little element from it. That has to be my all time favorite kit - digi and paper.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Another reason they are no longer available is the quality of the scanned images has improved with the new digiformat. The old kits were no longer up to CS standards, so to speak. Jac is probably too busy designing new kits and converting those to tackle that big of a project. She has her own studio where she takes the photos and does the extractions...a very tedius process.
Luly

Post by Luly »

That makes sense. Still a bummer. I would have bought almost all of them. I had quite a few favs in 2007. I loved them all but Academy and I would have found a way to use that one. LOL :angel:
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I would definitely buy a Refresh kit if they ever offered it. That's the one I most wish for. There was some discussion on the other board about scanning the B&B sheets to make digi images. That is the one way I can think of to get some digi elements out of the old kits.