Book of Me---I COLLECT

ChristyB

Book of Me---I COLLECT

Post by ChristyB »

Here is your first Book of Me topic. Every couple of weeks I will post a new one.
Interpret this as you will, scrapbook, journal, altered book page. Photos or no photos, but hopefully some journaling.
Any size, any medium--this is for YOU (of whomever you are working on a book for)

Topic 1
I COLLECT

we all have things that we collect, not a hobby (but it could be) per se but something that just seems to find it's way into your space. This is a topic that can work for just about anyone.
Make a piece of work about collecting.

As always--if you feel comfortable sharing (and I hope you do) please post to this thread.
I can't wait to see what we all "collect"
clamscrapper

Re: Book of Me---I COLLECT

Post by clamscrapper »

Started working on my book this weekend. Pulled some layouts I had put in other books that I wanted to put all together in one book. I can sure relate to the collector, since I had way too many different collections. This thread will help me organize my book, thanks for the ideas.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

here is my page. I did this one in my art journal.
(for the girls books I'll probably do scrapbook pages--they enjoy looking at those)

I Collect---Postage stamps

tfl
Attachments
P6010001.jpg
P6010001.jpg (138.03 KiB) Viewed 547 times
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Very cool Christy! I have so many things that I collect so this should be easy.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I really wanted to make a personal journal, so I'll use these prompts...thanks Christy for getting me going. It is called Collector of Dreams. I didn't put a lot of thought into it...just sat with some paint and stamps and typed freely at an old typewriter.

I collect dreams of the faces of my babies and dreams of their babies. I dream in color, of sunshine days and blue clouds and rainbows. I dream of days gone by and the days yet to come. I am a collector of memories. I see fields of wildflowers and clouds that dance. I dream of the smells of the garden and the smells of the people I love. I see dancing in the meadow and visions of my grand babies playing. I dream of people coming together with gentleness and kindness. I dream of my friends and sounds of their laughter and bitterness of all our tears. I dream of a reunion day of those that have gone. I hear music, and laughter and dancing. I dream of the butterflies floating thru the air and sound of the humingbird brushing my shoulder. I have lived and laughed and loved dearly. I dream of growing old gracefully with the people I love around me. I am a quiet dreamer...but have enjoyed realizing remarkable dreams.
DSCN0547 (Medium).JPG
DSCN0547 (Medium).JPG (64.58 KiB) Viewed 485 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

love it Julie.
Beautiful thing to collect
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful job on this Julie!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I did this one last year over on the other board, but thought I'd share it anyways.
2007_06_BOM_MugCollector.jpg
2007_06_BOM_MugCollector.jpg (85.91 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Paula

Post by Paula »

I have tons of mugs :lol: :lol: Nice job, Beth :clap:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great LO Beth I remember seeing them before. I used to collect mugs but don't have any more room for them so I collect refrigerator magnets! Much less space
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

You all inspire me! I love the stamp collecting and the why you do it Christy. Julie --yours is gorgeous and almost prayerful. Beth-- mugs are cool! and I collect pretty (or at least what I consider pretty) plates, teacups, luncheon sets, dessert plates, etc. so I can totally understand mugs! LOL
I am thinking the journal is the way I want to go on this, so wish me luck as I have never journaled before.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Holly wrote: I am thinking the journal is the way I want to go on this, so wish me luck as I have never journaled before.
Holly, I'm right there with you...this is my first journaling project...
Holly

Post by Holly »

NO way! It looks like you're a pro!