Deck of A: Joker....anything goes...wild and crazy due 6/17

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
Ruth Ann Landry

Deck of A: Joker....anything goes...wild and crazy due 6/17

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

this is Maritza's theme.
Maritza

Re: Deck of A: Joker....anything goes...wild and crazy due 6/17

Post by Maritza »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:this is Maritza's theme.

thanks Ruth Ann..now to catch up :lol:

Joker.. anything goes.. as long as it is new to you..or a wild theme.. and or a NEW technique.. a wild or crazy idea.. must be NEW/different/out of the ordinary/wild for you..it should be way “OUT THERE”.."Wild card”.. or something about your life that is or was wild.. maybe even a secrete ??? :tomato: since it’s private art.. you can hide it :censor: :censor:

.. :lol: :lol:

YOU DO NOT HAVE A JOKER IN YOUR DECK>. make one.. after all its just a piece of paper..
Ruth Ann Landry

Ok, don't know how crazy and wild it is...but it is a new technique for me....Joseph's Overcoat....used a new stamp of swimming Koi...the colors appear faded here, but are more vibrant IRL.
Attachments
2009 06 13 001.JPG
2009 06 13 001.JPG (38.75 KiB) Viewed 535 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Pretty!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Love it, Ruth Ann. Now I have to go look up ANOTHER new technique :D .

So, my wild and crazy new thing is Gesso. When I was at Walmart the other day, I was, of course, wandering down the craft aisle (which never has anything new), but I spied a bottle of gesso and knew I had to have it. Had no idea what to do with it, but had to have it anyway. So I did some research and started playing. For this one, I embedded the picture in the gesso and when it was dry, played with paint. I made a couple more ATCs which I may post in another thread.
deck of art - Joker.jpg
deck of art - Joker.jpg (89.7 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Ruth Ann Landry

very, very nice, Sue
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

awesome ladies
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

I was looking through some things in the basement, and came across one of the kid's books that has gorgeous illustrations--It's called Raynard the Fox.
So I played with a scan of one of the illustrations, some alcohol inks, a pretty floral paper, a few beads...
Attachments
Joker.jpg
Joker.jpg (164.25 KiB) Viewed 488 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

These are beautiful. I'll have to pull out my gesso tonight and see what I can do.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Ruth Ann Landry

love the fox...had to read these fables, in French of course, as a student. I also had to memorize this one!
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

great gwen.. love the fox
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Gee, I forgot to subsribe to the topic - so I didn't get notifications of your gorgeous cards, gals. I love them all!

Ruth Ann - love the carp. So how's "Joseph's Overcoat" done?

Sue - have never heard of gesso, but that card is absolutely gorgeous! I love all things vintage anyway, so this is right up my alley!

Gwen - same goes here: vintagey distressed feel, love it. What a great idea to reuse that book!
Ruth Ann Landry

Joseph's Overcoat is easy peasy....stamp various colored inks on white cardstock...I used the more colorful distress inks....don't let any white show through....let dry completely. Stamp your image in versa mark or watermark ink and use clear embossing powder and heat. When cooled, cover entire inked paper with black PIGMENT ink...I use direct ink to paper method. Let dry a few minutes and wipe ink from embossed areas with a clean paper towel...voila!
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:Joseph's Overcoat is easy peasy....stamp various colored inks on white cardstock...I used the more colorful distress inks....don't let any white show through....let dry completely. Stamp your image in versa mark or watermark ink and use clear embossing powder and heat. When cooled, cover entire inked paper with black PIGMENT ink...I use direct ink to paper method. Let dry a few minutes and wipe ink from embossed areas with a clean paper towel...voila!
That sounds easy enough - must try it one day (except need to get some clear embossing powder and I'm on NO BUY these days, but maybe I can get a bit from my crafting friend I see every week...she's into stamping quite a bit and sure to have it!). Thanks for the explanations!
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Okay, I've been busy on my cards this afternoon, so here is my version - no exciting technique, just went the with the "wild" theme...

The journal reads: "My Nan and Mum desperately wanted me to be the sweet little girl that was always well-behaved and playing quietly and that they could doll up with pretty dresses and bows in my hair - really something to show off to their friends. But that wasn’t me! In my heart of hearts I was a wild thing who loved being out in nature, climbing trees and playing Indians. My greatest childhood treat was an afternoon at a pony farm, and from that day on, I wanted nothing so much as to learn horse riding!
Photo: 23.7.70 Ponyhof Ebental/Rüdesheim"

Papers and cutouts from HOTP Scrapper's Solutions "Boys"; cowboy boot charm from Club Scrap "Wild Wild West" kit; peel-offs from Craft Creations.
Attachments
DOA_wild.jpg
DOA_wild.jpg (105.43 KiB) Viewed 430 times