Quick PSE help

Save some $ Find out what works
Luly

Quick PSE help

Post by Luly »

I am working like mad on Fathers Day gifts before laundry, house cleaning and a bbq for my dad who's birthday is TODAY.. :angry48:

Anyway, I am in PSE and for some reason I cant get my mouse to change to the little cross thing. Its stuck at the hand grabby thing.. ( I am real technical).. Anyway, I have restarted and reloaded and the same thing..

Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

Thanks so much!
LadyJaine

Re: Quick PSE help

Post by LadyJaine »

Hmmm... the hand grabby thing is for a particular tool, when you switch to a different tool, the hand should change to something else. There are some shortcut keys for switching tools, but since I use CS3, I am not sure they'd work in PSE. There are also some options you can set in your workspace that might be over riding the hand grabby tool switching thing. Let me think... I think if you hold down Alt + Shift + Ctrl as PS is opening, you can re-set your preferences in a pop up window.

Someone said that they had the hand grabby thing problem with PS after they ran a Flash application in a full window, but she didn't say what she did to correct it. How un-useful!
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

That's what I was thinking, try switching to a different tool, see if that helps. Switch back and forth. Might be stuck.??
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

In PSE, I think just hitting "v" will get you back to your move tool, which is basically the quickest way to reset your tools. I think the cross thingy is mostly for drawing, and until you switch tools, that's all it wants to do is draw.

The other thing that crossed my mind (though it really sounds kind of dumb) is whether or not it's possible that someone messed with some other settings and re-set your default mouse cursor? If PSE actually appears to be functioning properly, but your mouse won't change, perhaps it's the cursor setting. It's a stretch, but it's been known to happen.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Luly

Post by Luly »

I tried everything. I am the only one who uses my laptop (strictly hands off) and I would switch between move, crop, paintbrush and still the hand.. I will now try the v..ugh!
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

That's so weird! I opened my PSE and tried to get it to do the same thing, but it wouldn't. What about something in the preferences menu, under edit??
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio