Distress Stickles

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
neith

Distress Stickles

Post by neith »

I've got a few creations that I have to wait a few days before I can post them... but I've love to hear what you guys are doing with them, loving about them, hating about them, etc!

I think they are AWESOME for coverage of shapes... I painted some mini chipboard pieces then smeared the Distress Stickles over them and it looks spectacular...

However... it didn't work to try to draw lines with them... I wanted to create an outline inside the edges of a prima flower and it just bombed... they also take a very long time to dry if not smeared out.

Oh I can show the little teaser I posted for the Bernie Berlin gesso treatment :) It has some on the pink chipboard flower :) Not the clearest shot, but when I can share the rest I'll let you see a prettier close up!

Luanne

Re: Distress Stickles

Post by Luanne »

Where did you get them? What colors have you tried and will recommend?
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

I ordered all of them. Waiting for delivery now!! Cant wait to play with them
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I bought four colors at my LSS--green, red, scattered straw, and vintage photo. They look very vintage xmas-y. All I've done so far is make a squiggle of each in my stickles catalog. They took overnight to dry. They would have looked better if I hadn't kept touching them.
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

That's great Neith!! I ordered them all too, there here and awesome, will post by this weekend what I've done with them!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
neith

Post by neith »

I only have three colors that I got as a gift... Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, and Walnut Stain... just got them along with a sampling of Claudine Hellmuth's paints, gesso, and canvas. I think the colors I got probably would have been my first choice :) Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Milled Lavender, and Antique Linen would be my next favorites to go buy :)
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I was looking at Claudine's paints. Are they like the dabbers? I forget you are all things ranger, and now you can share your vast knowledge with us!
neith

Post by neith »

not like the dabbers at all! they are a thinner acrylic paint in a tub with a screw on lid.. kinda like a noxzema jar... they aren't as fully opaque as the dabbers and nothing like the thickness of them. the paintbrush set is nice and has all my favorite shapes and sizes... the paints clean up quickly and easily for color switches, since they are thinner I think they dried fairly quickly... and you get a lot in that tub :)

the suze glitz stickles are very 'fine' and are perfect for drawing nice and thin lines with full strength glitter :) I'll have a pic of that also ;)

sorry i made a few items for a design team submission, so i can't post them yet... i'll try to make something new that i can share :)
neith

Post by neith »

btw... i had instended to stamp those swirls using the pink claudine paints but kids distracted me and i accidentally used the yellow! oops! the orange on the photo is the ranger adirondack pigment ink and the teal is the dabber in pool :)
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I love pool! that and Butterscotch
nancine

Post by nancine »

I'm anxious to get some distress stickles too - I have a $30 gift certificate to a local stamp store burning a whole in my wallet... just need to find time to drive to the other side of this valley!

I'm not really a glitter user for the most part, but love using stickles in small ways so I think the distress ones will be fun to try.

Oh I bet Pool & Butterscotch would be wonderful... do they have broken china and worn lipstick yet? Those and Dried Marigold are my favorites.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Tim's blog said he started with 12.
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

They don't look like normal stickles, which sort of look to me like diarrhea bird droppings from a bird eating glitter. Instead, they have more color because the flakes of mica or whatever are colored, and they have some dimension, instead of laying down flat.
nancine

Post by nancine »

InkPattie wrote:They don't look like normal stickles, which sort of look to me like diarrhea bird droppings from a bird eating glitter. Instead, they have more color because the flakes of mica or whatever are colored, and they have some dimension, instead of laying down flat.
what a vivid imagination!! :o
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

nancine wrote:
InkPattie wrote:They don't look like normal stickles, which sort of look to me like diarrhea bird droppings from a bird eating glitter. Instead, they have more color because the flakes of mica or whatever are colored, and they have some dimension, instead of laying down flat.
what a vivid imagination!! :o
LOL!! Now that's a picture painted in my mind :)
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio