I feel like I'm never going to finish.

Save some $ Find out what works
Holly

I feel like I'm never going to finish.

Post by Holly »

I bought the Scraprack during May. After days and days of sorting, I feel worn out. And there's still more. I am down to the last few boxes, but I hate to look at it anymore. I guess I just need a break. So I am going to pack up the remainder and put it away.

Or will that mean I just never finish it. I am so looking forward to being able to scrap and find the items I want quickly.

But it just feels like I will never get finished sorting. :roll:
pamcook

Re: I feel like I'm never going to finish.

Post by pamcook »

The sorting is the worst! After that - it's a piece of cake.
Set a timer (ala Flylady) for 15 minutes. When the timer goes off, you get a break. You can always add another 15 minutes if you want - but marvel at what you can get done in that 15 minutes. (yes, it's a mind game but it does work!).
Congratulations - you will love it!
Pam Cook #48
Holly

Post by Holly »

Pam-- I have probably paged up over 400 pages now, and I can see I have another 100 or more. I can recognize the value of this,as I have found tons of things I had forgotten about. But it means I just can't play like I want to, as I am using my guest room as the sorting room, and company is coming early next week.

I think I need a drink!
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

400 pages, Holly???? WOW... Now I have seen pics of your scraproom, so I can believe it LOL

Go have a drink. You deserve it!

I keep all my stuff on shelves, in jars, and in my cube shelves too. I did look at the scrap rack but too expensive this side of the world. Can I see a pic of what you have done so far Holly as I cannot picture 400 pages of stuff...
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

okay, I don't get it...400 pages of what? furthermore, what is a scrap rack? Can you tell I'm lost (and have been for a few months now...)
Holly

Post by Holly »

Julie-- check out this site

http://www.thescraprack.com/

to see what a scraprack is and how to organize it. The pages are 12 x 12 pages (you can see on the site how they are [some are divided]) with pockets so you can place all kinds of papers and embellishments together --so that when you sit down to work, all the items you'll need are close together. This system is not so rigid that it can't accomodate everyone. You just modify what and how you organize your sections.

I have 3 bases, and am working on organizing my pages. I will show pics Sharon when I am finished, but due to some things happening in the next week, I would guess that will be some time during August, most likely near the end.
Holly

Post by Holly »

OK-- I will take pics of what I did so far.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Ok-- the first pic is of the rack on top of the bookcase. I have a little more than 100 pages on there already-- but is only one base. I decided at that point I needed more room, so I ordered 2 more bases. The bases are here but not the splines (the 3 ring holders) so I can not put the other pages on yet.
The next two pics are of the box with the pages ready to go on. I have at least this many more to go.
Attachments
100_1746 (Small).JPG
100_1746 (Small).JPG (50.5 KiB) Viewed 403 times
100_1747 (Small).JPG
100_1747 (Small).JPG (38.52 KiB) Viewed 403 times
100_1748 (Small).JPG
100_1748 (Small).JPG (44.48 KiB) Viewed 403 times
Holly

Post by Holly »

This wasn't all I did. I reorganized most of my room, since I was reorganizing this stuff. So here are two shelves on the wall, and one desk.
Attachments
100_1751 (Small).JPG
100_1751 (Small).JPG (54.76 KiB) Viewed 396 times
100_1750 (Small).JPG
100_1750 (Small).JPG (53.85 KiB) Viewed 396 times
100_1749 (Small).JPG
100_1749 (Small).JPG (34.29 KiB) Viewed 393 times
Holly

Post by Holly »

Here is a shelf that shows off our swaps and another that holds more 12 x 12 paper.(They say to put that in the scraprack too, but no way for me to do that)
Attachments
100_1758 (Small).JPG
100_1758 (Small).JPG (38.33 KiB) Viewed 386 times
100_1752 (Small).JPG
100_1752 (Small).JPG (35.71 KiB) Viewed 385 times
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Wow Holly...looks like a lot of work with a wonderful payoff! TFS...
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Holly, it's looking good. I agree that the sorting is tedious. When I took all my CS stuff out of PBs and sorted it by color I thought I would never finish. I just did it the Flylady way and took my time. It is so nice now to say ... I need purple ... and not have to look through dozens of kits to find it. You'll be so thrilled when you're done!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Beth,
Have you ever regretted that? I'm thinking of de-kitting my CS kits and I just don't know if I'm brave enough to do it. I can hardly bear to combine the remnants of kits that are down to a few scraps.

Make me brave.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I took all mine out of pizza boxes and am glad but I do not have them organized yet. ;)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Jen,

For me the benefits far outweigh any passing regrets. The only time I've have a regret is when I needed to identify a nondescript paper for a ClubScrap challenge or PSL. The textured papers are pretty easy for me, though. I also have swatch sheets for the past few years, but not the early years.

Where the color sort comes in handy is when I have a photo and think ... oh it would go perfect with Mosaic Twist. Then I pull out the aquas and decide no, it works better with Avant Garde. I can see pretty quickly which colors work. I used to spend all my time looking through PBs for the right shade of paper. By the time I found the paper I would be out of scrapping time. I can get a lot more done with the colors all together.

Then I have drawers for embellishments, not color sorted. Fibers are sorted though. All the buttons tossed in a drawer, all the flowers in a drawer, all the brads, etc. I don't try to keep track of where the embellies come from.

That's what the Scraprack users are doing, but they are sorting the embellies, too.

Anybody else want to share their 2 cents?

Here's some views of my very limited 6ft of main storage. I do have most tools stored elsewhere.
2008_12_Scraps_everywhereRsm.jpg
2008_12_Scraps_everywhereRsm.jpg (113.21 KiB) Viewed 373 times