I feel like I'm never going to finish.

Save some $ Find out what works
julierealtor

Re: I feel like I'm never going to finish.

Post by julierealtor »

:hijack: I keep my kits together in Iris carts and have made these swatch rings to find colors. All of my kits and swatches are in chronological order so I can get my hands on them pretty quickly. Keep in mind, I've listened to you girls...I don't buy multiple kits...I get SR and CST occasionally JR and only replace what I think I have to have. I do have kits back to 2002. I've heard some of you say you've purchased 100's of a sheet of paper....LOL. This system works for me. I need to mention that one Iris cart is dedicated to Bazzill CS and this paper is separated by color.
Attachments
DSCN0712 (Small).JPG
DSCN0712 (Small).JPG (23.92 KiB) Viewed 295 times
DSCN0711 (Small).JPG
DSCN0711 (Small).JPG (45.91 KiB) Viewed 295 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

seriously--someone needs to come organize me. I have my crap all over the place. You guys have great spaces set up. Holly looks like a lot of work now but once you are done you'll be creating all over the place.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

ChristyB wrote:seriously--someone needs to come organize me. I have my crap all over the place. You guys have great spaces set up. Holly looks like a lot of work now but once you are done you'll be creating all over the place.
One of you ladies needs to compile a list of what Christy needs to buy for organization...she goes and buys it and the two of you spend the day with her sorting and stashing. :anyone:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

or better yet, you can tell me what to buy, I buy, and you just come and hang out, drink some wine and pretend that I really am organized (it's what I usually do by myself-would be so much better with friends)
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

ChristyB wrote:or better yet, you can tell me what to buy, I buy, and you just come and hang out, drink some wine and pretend that I really am organized (it's what I usually do by myself-would be so much better with friends)
that's what I meant...you buy...they drink the wine and direct :lol:
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Julie,
You have given me some good ideas. I have most of my kits vertically in the Cropper Hopper holders (I also have Bazzill in them by color). My CS kits are together and labeled, but for some reason they are not in date or alphabetical order. I think I will try to get them alphabetically. I have swatches for some years/kits but not others. But I have been getting POPs for over a year - the light went on when I read your post - I can make swatch cards with my POPs. Maybe even sort those by color. But no matter how I try to get organized, I never seem to finish and I am not good at it. I do have all of my wood mounted stamps and my ink pads organized, but not all my clear stamps they are in different places. I really need one of you organized ladies to visit me.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful job with this Julie. My paper is the biggest thing I have to find a way to organize.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Holly - your room is look FABULOUS!!!! All I can say about your scraprack is "holy cow" --- that's lots of sortin' you did!!!! But your walls and the things that you've gotten done so far looks great! I want to come and mess it up!! ;)

I separated all -- which at the time was alot -- of my CS kits by color, then I missed all the fibers, and goodies, that came with the kit, ran out of room for the pops that were piling up and NEEDED to have everything sorted BACK to the "by kit" method... when I scrapped or did a card, I wanted to make sure all the kit parts were on the page or card and I couldn't remember what came with it, so I put it AAALLLLLL back to the by kit method. Now when I get a kit, I keep it in the plastic cropper hopper carrying thingee (technical jarv there :) ) -- so if I'm going somewhere and want to do something, I can grab a complete kit.

Anything that's non CS, gets it's own drawer, or space.

I keep all my WM stamps on 1x8 inch boards that are nailed to the walls around my scrap area and I keep my UMs in CD cases. I've actually surprised myself at how organized it is in there! But I've been doing digital scrapbooking the last few months to get my photos done, so I haven't had time to mess it up! Ha!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Holly

Post by Holly »

Julie--I like what you did with your CS. I haven't even touched most of mine yet. It is still in the PBs in the closet. And I don't think it will fit into the Scraprack, so I think I will Cropper Hopper it on the brown Pine shelf where I put the rest of my paper.I want to get it out of my PBs so I can see it.
I already ALSB'd at least a dozen or more kits, and just left off the embellishments so that I can personalize it at time of scrapping. Problem is-- with it in closet-- I don't see it to use. I have been getting behind in scrapping, so I have to get moving! :lol:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I organize to a point and then get bored with it and quit. For whatever reason, the more organized my things are the less I want to use them and then I do even less than before. What I need is to quit feeling so overwhelmed and overworked on the weekends and get off my rear end. I need a motivational coach! After you all finish drinking wine at Christy's come down here and be my cheerleaders.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
flojo

Post by flojo »

Julie, where do you get Iris carts. I would love to use those instead of a tall pile of pizza boxes. And, how did you go about making your swatch cards? Did you use Pops? Did you make a swatch for each paper in each kit?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I love my scraprack for embellishments, letters & scraps. I started to sort patterned papers but since my cardstock is all in a paper tower, it ended up making more sense (to me) to put the patterned paper in the tower. I tried several other methods first but nothing else worked as well. If I want pink anything, I go to my pink section. If I'm going to a crop and working with Halloween photos, I take my halloween section and then whatever colors I know I'll need. I've noticed my sections are changing a bit as my life changes but that's the beauty of it.
I always thought that if I didn't have the scraprack, I'd buy divided protectors and use 3 ring notebooks. I really, really like having the scraprack all laid out and ready to go.
Went with CherylH to Ikea last weekend while she shopped for furniture to go in her scrapbook room. I got a brainstorm...Santa Baby, I've been really good this year...
Pam Cook #48
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Thanks for the photos Holly.
One question on this... I always run out of room when making a mess, on my desk, is the scraprack going to take up a lot of space when scrapping or do you or anyone else have it sitting elsewhere when you use it?

Pam what is it that you want Santa to bring you?
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Lynn, I buy the Iris Carts from Joann's online...use a coupon and I make my swatches from pops when I receive the kit...swatches are 2" x 2". This way I can flick through them for colors. It saves me a lot of time.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Sharon - I need more efficient storage. I have some small carts from Ikea (HELMER) and I've been very good about avoiding "miscellaneous" drawers. One drawer holds adhesives, one has my quickutz stuff, two hold punches...
I love the ALEX drawer unit for stamps - none of the drawers are so deep that I'd lose stuff in them but then again, I love the EXPEDIT system. It comes in so many different configurations. I've seen several craft rooms using it and it seens the most efficient for what I need.
The IRIS carts have never worked well for me. The drawers stick and they just aren't big enough. I have 2 that I use for stuff I rarely use (stuff I should probably purge but what if...). If I get the EXPEDIT shelving, I'll use HELMER pieces in the bottom of my closet.
Still haven't worked it all out yet...
Pam Cook #48