Somerset Apprentice Magazine, Anyone?

Dani Larcom

Re: Somerset Apprentice Magazine, Anyone?

Post by Dani Larcom »

I have the premier issue from March and didn't find it too basic at all. I loved it.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

jfugina wrote:Heh. "Too Basic" does not apply to the likes of ME!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: If I find it, I'm sure I'll buy it.
Nor me!! I love basic!!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Ok, ok, I understand, basic is good!
I couldn't find the magazine at either Michaels or JoAnns so I guess I will have to send for one if I want to see it. It was published in March so it doesn't look like something they are going to do on a regular basis. I guess its a oncer as my MIL used to say.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

I've got the first issue, and I thought it was only going to be a twice a year thing. As usual, their mags are well done and since I don't have a subscription, and I don't buy every one, I don't have a lot of repeat stuff. I look at whatever is in the bookstore and then pick one or two that I feel has stuff in it that inspires me. This one has some good info on techniques, so I bought it. I will be checking out no. 2 when I see it.
First issue featured among others, Claudine Hellmuth and Michelle Ward. And gave instructions on using gesso resist, making your own journal, collage work, etc.
I liked it.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks, Holly for the review! I will watch for a second issue and then check it out.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

HI I received my copy of this the other day. It is quite good. DD and I are trying some gesso stuff today. Layers, let them dry and now we are waiting to put on our first coat of paint. I have a butterfly album, she is doing a Handbag album. I have kinda interpreted what they have said to apply to something else. Who know how it will turn out.

Interesting thing that really caught my eye was (and I am not using watercolour paper) that when you gesso your water colour paper in preparation, gesso both sides so that it helps to dry flat.