PSE 8

Save some $ Find out what works
pamcook

PSE 8

Post by pamcook »

Anyone have it?
I still have verion 4 but it doesn't support a few things. Not that I use it often though. Just wondering if the newer versions are more user friendly for scrapbookers (as they promised)?
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: PSE 8

Post by pbp908 »

I'll let you know tonight - I have it at home but haven't tried using it yet. I'm still using CS3 instead.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

My laptop came with PSE7. And honestly, for the digi scrapping, it is absolutely no more helpful than version 5. Actually, I still haven't figured out the whole "smart layer" or "smart object" or whatever they call it - it's new, and I don't understand it, so I have to try to remember to drag photos onto layouts only when I've got the photo up, not the other way around (sorry if that confused anyone - PSE users probably know what I mean).

If version 8 is not a lot different from 7, then I don't think there's anything that's too scrap friendly. And I didn't see any improvement between 5 and 7.

I'm curious - what exactly are the new scrapper-friendly features that you've read about? I can tell you if they exist in 5 or 7. You may be able to get a deal on a version that's not quite as new.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have no idea Julie! :lol: That's the saddest part of it all. I have version 4 and was told (a while ago) that the newer version (I think they were talking about maybe 6?) was going to be geared toward the scrapbookers since they realized the majority of their customers were using PSE for scrapbooking (digital, hybrid and/or photo editing). Office Max is going to offer version 8 on Black Friday for $49.99 and I'm trying to decide if I want to spend my $$ on it or just stick with what I have.
Pam Cook #48
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

I have heard that it will be significantly cheap for Black Friday. Wait for the sale!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Just checked - I have 6. Shows how often I open it. Actually, I haven't used it at all. :tomato: I think I'm gonna stick with what I know and keep using CS3.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com