December daily album/Ali Edwards

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

December daily album/Ali Edwards

Post by pamcook »

With DD & DDIL now living thousands/hundreds of miles away, I'm going to make one for each of us. Thought I'd add a few projects in them - for instance, today we'll all make cookies and then skype each other to show them off or today we'll all put our wreaths on the front door and skype each other to share a cup of chai. Can you tell I'm desperate for ideas to help me not feel so lonely this year?
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Re: December daily album/Ali Edwards

Post by ChristyB »

:cry:
tichwoli

Post by tichwoli »

Jumpin in here maybe your could send each of them a photo taken at the same time each day and facing the same direction - almost like a calendar of a year in photo form; I did that with someone far away and he loved it - and the view from his balcony was spectacular every day.

Just a thought.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Good idea Annette!
We're dealing with both hemispheres (and the seasons) and two different time zones (so yes, it could be worse!).
I really want my DGD to feel connected to us - she's becoming so aware of holiday traditions all of a sudden. This past Easter, she told me "Grandma - Santa AND the Bunny put chocolates in our garden!" Evidently, Santa left a big impression on her last Christmas!
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Got two of them done today and hope to get them mailed on Monday. Making Memories has a great new collection of "vintage findings" with a Christmas theme - sure saved me a lot of time. Finding acetate overlays wasn't easy but I ended up getting the bits and pieces I needed from Two Peas (first time I've ever ordered from them).
Hope to get mine done this week. If I spend more time on it now, I think I'll feel less rushed during December. Maybe.
Putting it together was fun - Ali's examples were great inspiration.
Pam Cook #48