So I told you

troublesmom

So I told you

Post by troublesmom »

what I am making right now as gifts. Are any of you making any holiday gifts yet? Please show me what you are making.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Holly

Re: So I told you

Post by Holly »

you have got to be kidding, right?

I have company coming for Thanksgiving, and I need to keep the first part of that week open for my work at the food pantry at our church, which leaves me only three weeks to get my house in order, and menu planned, guest room empty of my scraproom overflow, yard weeded and leaves raked, sprinkled in with swap fun, etc. Oh the ball is rolling now, I can feel it gaining on me as we speak! :roll:

Oh --did I mention--I pulled my back out of whack!
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

Sometimes I make neat things. Sometimes, I make things neat. I prepped the house so it could go on the market today. My studio isn't decluttered, but the rest of the house looks rather boring. There is NO stuff scattered anywhere. Nothing. Not a magazine, not a greeting card, nothing. Shelves are empty, counters are clear. Painting has been done, carpets have been cleaned. What a charming house. It's boring!

The articles on staging houses recommended organizing your cabinets and doing things like turning all the teacup handles in the same direction. I already do that. Staging the house took about two weeks. Let us hope that it only takes two weeks to get a contract!
Paula

Post by Paula »

My fingers are crossed for you :angel: Here is hoping you sell quickly!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Good luck in your sale!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Maree

Post by Maree »

Good luck with selling your house. it took me under a month to get the house ready, for it to be sold in 1 3/4 hours.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Jean, I have my fingers crossed for you. I hope you make a very quick sale!
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, too. My hubby is going to pay for a year of maid service for me when we get down to Florida. He left his bathroom in horrible shape and it is taking me many hours of scrubbing to get it show-the-house clean. He says he cleans it, but I don't think he was ever taught how. He does a lot of splashing, but not much actual scrubbing. I had to get out my putty knife to scrap soap drips off the tiles. Men!

"It's soap. Why are you trying to clean it up? Isn't soap what you use to clean with anyway?"

:angry42:
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I am making the bottle cap ornaments that I posted elsewhere and small waxed refrigerator magnets for my cookie party people. will post the frame magnets tomorrow.
jam1375

Post by jam1375 »

I am working on a chipboard album for my mom, using photos of the trip we took to NYC last December. I have one of those tryptic thingy kits for her as well, don't know what pics I'll use for it yet.

We'll draw names with DH's family when we're together in a couple of weeks, so anything else I'll make will be determined by whose names we get.

We're exchanging gifts with my parents and brother at Thanksgiving, because that's when we'll all be together, so I'm actually mostly done with my shopping!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Those bottle cap ornaments were really cute Look forward to seeing the magnets.
Ruth Ann Landry wrote:I am making the bottle cap ornaments that I posted elsewhere and small waxed refrigerator magnets for my cookie party people. will post the frame magnets tomorrow.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

A mom album is always a big hit. I think it sounds like you are ready for the holidays early. I have a couple of things for the grands but nothing for my mom, hubby or anyone else. We really don't exchange gifts anymore but I like to have something for everyone to open even if it is small.
jam1375 wrote:I am working on a chipboard album for my mom, using photos of the trip we took to NYC last December. I have one of those tryptic thingy kits for her as well, don't know what pics I'll use for it yet.

We'll draw names with DH's family when we're together in a couple of weeks, so anything else I'll make will be determined by whose names we get.

We're exchanging gifts with my parents and brother at Thanksgiving, because that's when we'll all be together, so I'm actually mostly done with my shopping!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I finished a drop spine box and want to put cards in it...finished the Memory Slider Frame and Stop, Crop and Roll Box from RIAB. I do want to make the advent calendar for GD...Need to make something for the other Realtor's in my office and for the folks in my study group...any suggestions here? I don't have a large Christmas list this year. In lieu of exchanging gifts, all of my family is spending Christmas in Florida this year...gonna have some Disney Magic!!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Advent calendar sounds great Julie and the paper looks very nice. I have never made an Advent calendar so I can be no help at all. I am working on that Shadow box but mine will be much different than the one we saw last year.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

troublesmom wrote:Advent calendar sounds great Julie and the paper looks very nice. I have never made an Advent calendar so I can be no help at all. I am working on that Shadow box but mine will be much different than the one we saw last year.
I'd love to see pic's Cheryl. I did get most of the stuff around, but again...not enough time. I think I need to start this project in June...