Organization websites

Got one? Know of a good one?
scrappin nurse

Organization websites

Post by scrappin nurse »

I am in dire need of a craft room makeover. Do any of you have pics of yours somewhere or links to blogs with organization ideas. I need ideas for everything. I can't create in this mess. TIA for your help!
julierealtor

Re: Organization websites

Post by julierealtor »

No help here...but thanks for the laugh. I think Yoli started quite an extensive thread on the CS board regarding organization...(so maybe I was of help)... :lol:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

do piles and piles of stuff count as organization? No? Sorry then no help here either :D
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

As much as I try I can't seem to get my room organized. I have so many things going on right now my craft room goes from one project to another without putting anything away. Just push it to the side :roll:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Lanita, don't listen to Them!!!!

You CAN get organized!!
Before you can come up with a plan of how you want it, you have to get rid of the stuff you don't want and then sort the rest into categories so then you will know what you have and how much storage you really need for it. Too often people just keep buying assorted containers to stick stuff in and that is just as unorganized. Get it all sorted into piles first! Use pizza boxes or any boxes for now to get your categories worked out.

While you are doing the sorting, think about how you scrap. See the tips at this website.

http://www.scrapsofmind.com/2008/03/18/ ... tion-tips/

There are tons of organizing tips out there if you google them. But keep in mind that a lot of them want you to spend money to do it. You don't need to do that!

Get the kids to help you play scrapbooking store! Make it fun!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Honey

Post by Honey »

I recently went to the scraprack's organizational system. Even if you don't want to use their products, they have a system for how to organize things.
www.thescraprack.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

[quote="mpizzazz"]Lanita, don't listen to Them!!!!

You CAN get organized!!
Before you can come up with a plan of how you want it, you have to get rid of the stuff you don't want and then sort the rest into categories so then you will know what you have and how much storage you really need for it. Too often people just keep buying assorted containers to stick stuff in and that is just as unorganized. Get it all sorted into piles first! Use pizza boxes or any boxes for now to get your categories worked out.

Awesome ideas, Marianne. Sometime the BIG job can be broken down to little jobs, that are much more easier to finish! Just focus on one thing at a time!
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I am so glad to know that there are others whoshare my pain.

Marianne, thanks for the inspiration! I started breaking it into little jobs this weekend. It may take a month of weekends but I hope to get there!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

just send everything you don't want to me - there's about a 3"x3" unused space in my room

seriously - the scraprack system makes the most sense to me. I no longer buy cute little boxes, baskets, buckets, plastic thingys for storage - instead, the pink things go in the pink section, the halloween stuff goes in the halloween section.

First you do have to decide what categories you need (right CherylH?) by sorting everything into those dreaded piles. Once you've done that, you can see what size/type of storage you need. This is the time to be ruthless in your purging, too. Most of us need color categories and seasonal categories. After that you get to decide the other categories. It's brilliant, really. If all of your blue embellies are in one section/box/whatever - you don't have to try to remember where you put the blue eyelets (for example) - they'll be right there in the blue section.

Now, if someone could teach me to put things away when I'm finished with them, I'd truly appreciate it...
Pam Cook #48