Dies & Die Cutters

Save some $ Find out what works
djenns

Dies & Die Cutters

Post by djenns »

I'm wanting to purchase a die cutter. I dont' need something to make those words, etc since I really don't do Layouts. I want something that can provide me with the neat scalloped circles, ovals, etc and some of the frames and other shapes. I have a cuttlebug, but not sure I would use is with Nestabilities. Do any of you have a "Wizard"? What tools do some of you use and what would you recommend. I prefer making books and cards......

Thanks for your input
Diana
Sharonv

Re: Dies & Die Cutters

Post by Sharonv »

Good question Will watch this one for replies. I have Cricut, SCAL, cuttlebug and pazzles inspirations but been slack lately in using any of them
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have both the Big Shot and the Cuttlebug and use both of them with Nesties. I love the Big Shot (I got mine from Stampin' Up!) and tend to use the Cuttlebug more for embossing folders and the BS for dies, but I have used the Cuttlebug for both. Have fun what ever you decide.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

I have the Big Shot and use all types of dies in them - including Cuttlebug embossing folders and Quickutz dies. You can buy a multi purpose platform for the Big Shot that lets you use all types of dies in it. My neighbor has it too and she uses the Nestabilities in it as well (I just don't have any Nestabilities - yet! LOL).
djenns

Post by djenns »

I do have a cuttlebug, just haven't tried many diecuts in it. May pick up some dies and try it or I may end up getting a bigshot. I just know I don't thik I'd use a cricut that much and I really don't have the room for it in the rv.

thanks
Diana
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Lynn you know you can go to Cutathome.com and get a coupon each month for a 40% discount. I don't get a set each month but when I do I always use the coupon.
Love those Nesties.
Hasmom99 wrote:I have the Big Shot and use all types of dies in them - including Cuttlebug embossing folders and Quickutz dies. You can buy a multi purpose platform for the Big Shot that lets you use all types of dies in it. My neighbor has it too and she uses the Nestabilities in it as well (I just don't have any Nestabilities - yet! LOL).
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

that's where I get my Nestie's too - I only have a few sets and use them with the Cuttlebug just fine.
I think at the Cut@Home site they have a "recipe" for the different sandwichs to cut and emboss. I have it printed out and keep it with my dies.

Funny, I'm looking at asking for a Cricut for Christmas - I don't do a TON of scrapbooking, but would like it for the letters and titles!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have the Cricut also but very seldom use it. I much rather use my stamps. I will use it once in a while but am kind of sorry I got it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
djenns

Post by djenns »

I have had the opportunity to use a Cricut a couple of times, and just can't see spending that money when I don't do 12x12 layouts.......I have a lot of alpha stamps and can always print out something with my printmaster program....I have dont that a couple of times for words on the front of something.

Diana
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Thanks Cheryl. That is where my neighbor gets hers. I am on their email list but have not ordered any yet. I do use my Cricut - in spurts. My kids use it for projects - posters and the like. Lately I seem to be doing more projects and swaps and not LOs so I am not using it as much. But I hope to do the next CS PSL to get me scrapping again and I will use the Cricut for titles then.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I just might get back into the next PSL also. I may or may not use it. Time will tell.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I have a Cuttlebug and use the Nestabilities in it all the time. Works fine - in fact, the instructions are right inside the Nesty package on how to set up the sandwich.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

try this site - I have bought from them - they are pretty quick with processing and the nestabilitie dies are the best price I have found anywhere, all the time.

http://www.memorymakingcrafts.com/
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

For the record, I have the Sizzix stuff. I started with the regular press, then got a sidekick for the thin dies. Now I have the big kick, and I think it works great with all sorts of dies and brands. That platform, along with the occasional piece of cardstock as a shim, and it's worked great. I've drooled over a cricut, but could never justify the cost knowing that I'd invest hundreds in cartridges and abandon the hundreds worth of sizzix dies I've purchased.

That said, I don't use the sizzix nearly as much as I should. I've got lots of dies that I purchased because I saw potential, but never got around to using them for anything. I've also had this time problem for the past two years, where I'm so behind that I don't want to spend too much time on any given layout.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO