Bind-it-all Question

troublesmom

Bind-it-all Question

Post by troublesmom »

I am seriously thinking of getting this before the holidays. What I want to know is what size of wire do you all most often find you use?
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jdrhope

Re: Bind-it-all Question

Post by jdrhope »

I love the 1 1/4" size, I think it is the largest size that they make. I have not used the smaller sizes at all. This is a photo of the 1 1/4" size rings with all of those LFb's from the re-create swap. I think it was 17 LFb pages and two covers. this is the fullest book that I have done so far.
Attachments
IMG00046.jpg
IMG00046.jpg (58.94 KiB) Viewed 413 times
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks Hope. Did you get the carrying case? I really don't feel the need for that I have enough cases to carry.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

I use the 1" and 1/2" for smaller things. If you check out my blog I have a few projects made with it. tonight I can post some photos after I get home and can find them on that computer :shock:
Holly

Post by Holly »

Hope is steering you right here. Because the pages can be thinner, you might consider a smaller size for somethings, but typically the 1 inch is as small as I ever go.

No-- I didn't buy another case either. I have enough of those carryalls, that this fits if I want to take it somewhere. The machine is not too big by itself.
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

no I did not get the case. I never take the BIA to crops or anywhere. I usually just work around binding something till I get home.
troublesmom wrote:Thanks Hope. Did you get the carrying case? I really don't feel the need for that I have enough cases to carry.
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I agree with Hope. I just had to order the larger size since all I had was the smaller. I did use the smaller size but I think the 1 1/4" is probably the most versitile. I didn't buy the case either, don't really see a need for it. I can't wait for the recipes to come back because I want to bind them into a book.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

That is one of the reasons I am thinking about it again. I also want to make books for my DIL's and mother.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

The recipe swap is exactly right for binding. I don't bake a lot anymore, but I thought this would make a nice gift. I will decorate any that come undone, make a nice front and back cover and bind them and give as a gift. I could do all my own recipes, but I thought that having them come from around the country would be super nice.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I agree with Hope too. I usually use the larger 2 sizes the most as well. I have also used the smaller ones for mini books, but rarely use the middle sizes at all--they are either too big or too small for what I need.
nancine

Post by nancine »

here are a couple projects - the instructions for the cool book with "fold out pages" can be found at
http://www.lisasomerville.com
Attachments
08Oct 030 (Small).jpg
08Oct 030 (Small).jpg (49.09 KiB) Viewed 349 times
BIAinside (Small).jpg
BIAinside (Small).jpg (34.46 KiB) Viewed 348 times
BIAout (Small).jpg
BIAout (Small).jpg (35.9 KiB) Viewed 348 times
djenns

Post by djenns »

Cheryl, thank you for asking this, as this is another tool I've been wanting to get when I have the opportunity. I like making books and love the ones that have just been posted here. Inspires me to make more books as gifts.

thanks
Diana
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Nancy--love those samples. Might have to add that fold out book to my to do list
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

I have a BIA, don't want the case, use the larger sized rings most frequently, but on occasion, I'll use the small ones. I don't use my BIA often, but I haven't been making books recently, I've been covering the pre-made ones that I already have. When the stash of those runs out, I'll start making my own and use up my stash of shipboard and bookboard.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful help ladies! I love your books Nancy they really would make great gifts.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO