My prep for Tim's teachings...

julierealtor

My prep for Tim's teachings...

Post by julierealtor »

Every year I start this with good intentions...get 2 maybe 3 done. THIS year is going to be different. In preparation I have cleaned my area. Pulled all the stamps I may use and set them out. I even got some book marks together to make as I make the tags with excess, etc. I am serious this year! I spend so much time looking for stuff, stamps, etc. and this year is going to be different..I am ready to go, no excuses. :roll:
azemigh

Re: My prep for Tim's teachings...

Post by azemigh »

I'm prepping as well! I have made 16 tags--extra in case I make a mistake--out of old manila files. Got out all my holiday stamps and any sayings I think might go well; have all my distress inks handy as well as my distress powders, stickles and crackle paint. I'm ready! :cool5:
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

wowsers...you are "serious" people...maybe I should do that too! Have a friend coming today to crop. He's making two complete albums for close friends for Christmas and we're going to cut, ink, paste all day.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

azemigh wrote:I'm prepping as well! I have made 16 tags--extra in case I make a mistake--out of old manila files. Got out all my holiday stamps and any sayings I think might go well; have all my distress inks handy as well as my distress powders, stickles and crackle paint. I'm ready! :cool5:
whew...so glad I'm not alone in this, thought I was being over the top weird about this....
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:wowsers...you are "serious" people...maybe I should do that too! Have a friend coming today to crop. He's making two complete albums for close friends for Christmas and we're going to cut, ink, paste all day.
Sounds like a great day to me! Have fun
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

If I were to buy just a couple crackle paints for this...what colors should I get? I have 1 (never used) in caramel..I also have the clear crackle finish...
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I am thinking old paper, fired brick, black soot, maybe broken china; if you could only have one I would say the old paper one. I also just have crackle medium and if you have that you can use any acrylics you already have.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Thanks Rachelle...I do have crackle medium, I know it takes longer to dry...but think I'll improvise..LOTS of acrylics, maybe a little practice tonight
Ruth Ann Landry

and a hint! You can create crackle paint out of any acrylic paint you have by using bookbinding or white glue...paint undercoat and dry..paint on a good layer of glue and paint crackle color (acrylic paint) directly on top of glue while wet...let dry a little and you can speed it along with heatgun...works like a charm and I use that more than crackle paint these days!
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

If you go to http://www.blockheadstamps.com/gallery. ... gory_id=54, you can get a sneak peek at two tags that Tim may be making.

If I were only getting a few crackle paints, I would get light, neutral colors. You can jazz them up by rubbing any of your colorful distress inks over them after they crack, and that color will be in the cracks.

I have been keeping all of my TH stuff in a couple of boxes, so those will be easy to pull out, and I have three boxes full of Christmas/holiday stuff, so the combination should be enough that I don't have to do too much hunting!
Ruth Ann Landry

oooh, Pattie, I think you are on to something there...thanks for the heads up!
rinda

Post by rinda »

I think my prep should be clearing off my scrapping area :-o :-o :-o
Once I find some horizontal space, I'll be ready. I keep my Christmas stamps in one box, and most of my Tim stuff (distress inks, distress powders, crackle paints, daubers) in their own containers.
By the way, if you check out my blog tomorrow (Dec. 1), I have a slide show set up with all my tags from last year (which I turned into an advent calender) and my Christmas mantle with them all displayed.
Rinda
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Thanks for the tip RA...I'll give that a go tonight...IP you are SO clever!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have 3 friends coming over tomorrow so I will be working with them on Christmas cards. I still hope to have time to work on Tim's tags either early in the morning or when they leave.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Has anyone ever tried tinting their crackle paints? I only have a couple of colors but I wonder what would happen if you added a bit of paint? Sounds like an experiment in the works for tonight - unless anyone has time right now to give it a try...
Pam Cook #48