Disney Info Help

julierealtor

Disney Info Help

Post by julierealtor »

I have 2 children living in FL and this year we are spending Christmas there. We plan on going to Disney World 1 day. 8 adults 1 two year old. I've never been to disney..our primary reason to go is to take DGD. Where is the best place to purchase a 1 day pass...also when we get there, where do we want to take our 2 YO? Any info would be helpful.
jmp1022

Re: Disney Info Help

Post by jmp1022 »

If it's only 1 day at one place just buy it there.
But if you want to go to different parks buy the park hopper plus.(ask for one that doesn't expire)
You can go back and forth to all the parks and it doesn't expire.
If you only use 1 day the other days are still good for the next time you go.

All my kids live in FL and we go all the time.

I think 2 yr old is free
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I agree with Jill on the one day ticket info. Florida residents get a discount too, I think, so make sure you ask for that.

As far as where to go with a 2yo, I think the Magic Kingdom is the best bet. The ratio of attractions for toddlers is definitely the best at that park. We've had 4 trips with someone under the age of 3, and at the other three parks, most of the toddler's time was spent in a stroller waiting for the taller people to be done with the rides. But in Magic Kingdom, there's all of Fantasy Land and all of Toon Town that has attractions for any height (Goofy's Barnstormer has a height requirement, but I think it's only about 30"). There are also lots of attractions in the other lands that are toddler friendly.

The exception might be Hollywood Studios, if your DGD likes the Playhouse Disney and/or the Pixar films. Aside from Buzz Lightyear, the character sightings at Hollywood Studios are mostly unique to that park. And there are only 3 rides that have a height requirement in that park. Everything else is either a show, or is a slower, level ride with no height requirement.

IMO, EPCOT is the worst choice for a 2yo. The only things a 2yo can do are the Seas (Finding Nemo stuff) and the Figment thing. Adults can get a lot out of the World Showcase, but my kids, as toddlers, were bored out of their skulls. And Animal Kingdom has a few things for little ones, but the attractions for toddlers are few and VERY far between. There are three shows and two rides that little kids can do. Period.

Good luck, and have fun! The holiday decorations are absolutely breathtaking this time of year!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Thanks Julie.