I just made my first Digital photo book

capescrapper

I just made my first Digital photo book

Post by capescrapper »

Hey everyone! I just wanted to come in and tell you about the company I worked with to print my first book.
It is called Blurb. You can visit the website here at http://www.blurb.com
I did Project 365 last year and did all my layouts digitally. I used my various CS digi kits to create certain elements and also created my own template using my iScrapbook. You can find that here http://www.chronosnet.com

So I downloaded Blurb's free bookmaker application and got started! Easy to work with lots of layouts to choose from and you can choose to publish your book in multiple copies and have them sold in their online bookstore. Kind of a cool option. I chose not to make mine public. But you have that option.

I also chose an image wrap type of cover instead of a jacket. I used 2 pics from my Backyard. I took my first day of the week for 52 weeks of the same spot in my backyard so I thought it would make an appropriate cover.

I ordered the book Jan 2nd and chose to get the 2nd day delivery option and I wasn't expecting to get my book until next Wednesday, but lo and behold, Fedex tracking came to me in an email and it was already on the truck to be delivered!! I was so thrilled!

Seriously this project was amazing and I was so happy to be able to order a photo book (thanks to my MIL who took care of it) she loved following the project all year! She is even getting one for herself!

So long story short, I would highly recommend this company for 12x12 photo books. That was my layout of choice. My book was printed on premium paper and in the large square format. I chose to use a template where my 12x12 sat on the page with a black border around it that way I didn't have to worry about losing any of the images to the spine and such.

The total cost of the 1 book was $120.00 which included taxes and shipping.

If anyone has any other question please feel free to ask.

Here are some pics I took of it when it came today! I am so happy with it, can you tell?!!
Attachments
IMG_6083.jpg
IMG_6083.jpg (104.71 KiB) Viewed 428 times
IMG_6082.jpg
IMG_6082.jpg (78.69 KiB) Viewed 427 times
IMG_6080.jpg
IMG_6080.jpg (74.3 KiB) Viewed 427 times
ChristyB

Re: I just made my first Digital photo book

Post by ChristyB »

how cool is that!!!!!
and the cover & back awesome!
(apparently this is an exclamation inducing post)

what a fantastic way to showcase your 365 pics.
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Oh Thanks so much Christy!! I know how many exclamation points can we use in one post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wow! that is Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Coooooooooooooooooool!!!!

TFS all the info!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

BeautifuL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very proud of you for completing it AND printing it!!!!!
What a great accomplishment!
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

amazing accomplishment and a beautiful book...something to be really, really proud of...
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

I'm really impressed at how beautiful your back yard is, too. Wow!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That is really special!!!!!!!!!!! I can understand why you are so pleased with it!!
I'll be thinking about it when I finally get my books handmade by about March!!!!!!!!!!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

It came out so great Julie !!!!!!!
Thanks for all the info too - one day I might actually attempt this project, great job keeping it up all year!
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Oh you all, thanks so much! It really is something special. Not something I would do every year. It was my 40th year last year and I thought what a great idea for a project. I am so glad I stuck with it too. I dedicated it to my future generations and wrote a long letter to them about what it meant to me to start it and then a short note at the end thanking everyone who helped me by posing for and sending me pics to use too. My brother lives in Orlando and we don't get to be with them for birthdays and such so I made sure they took some pics to commemorate those special days too! It was a great experience!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Wow! Love it! Absolutely beautiful work! And I'm with Jean - I want to come sit on your deck and watch the birds. :)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

pbp908 wrote:Wow! Love it! Absolutely beautiful work! And I'm with Jean - I want to come sit on your deck and watch the birds. :)

Well, come on over, the only problem is now it is covered in ice and snow. Today we were hovering around 30. :D
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Truly awesome! There's something different about a photo book - I love my scrapbooks, but this is like having a coffee table book and knowing that the art in there is your own. Very awesome.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Julie, that is such a gorgeous book. Your cover idea is wonderful. I still have half the year to scrap before I head for printing.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

AWESOME! Way to go Julie....