Smilies

Notes to and from the paowers that be
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smilies

Post by admin »

OK. More info. I just went to another one of my own topics, and went to the first post, clicked edit, and was able to see the sticky option. So it would seem that it's a first post kind of thing.
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I don't have the 'stickie' permissions.

and please...say silent, so I don't go right to the top of the CS sh*t list!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Luanne wrote:I don't have the 'stickie' permissions.

and please...say silent, so I don't go right to the top of the CS sh*t list!
LOL.. Why would my coming out get *YOU* into trouble? Don't you think I'd be right there at the top of that sh*t list with you? LMAO.

OK.. I need to figure out the stickie thing for you. You have more permissions than a moderator, but I stopped short of giving you the ability to modify code. And that shouldn't impact your ability to make something sticky. Permissions are a little sideways here, but I know that it's an effort keep bots and spammers from taking over the board. The trick is figuring out how to make it so that *we* can take over. Ug.

Smilies... I have to upload packages to the host site. You can't do that, because it's a site separate from this board. But once the packages are there, you go to the admin panel, and under the "Posting" tab, there is a menu item for smilies. The ones I added last night are at the bottom part of the list, and can be edited to be made part of the main display list. Once I have some new packages uploaded, you can use the "Install Smiley Package" link at the top of the smiley list.
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Didn't understand a word. Is there an 'English' translation for that???? I'll try my best.
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Well, I just have to say, Luanne, that you and your "secret friend" are wonderful! This is really the best thing yet.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

It's Carolina Moon without Carolyn, but you won't get thrown out if you talk scrapbooking! Now if I could just figure out a way to make it brick and mortal, and pay the bills.