Please! Please don't...

troublesmom

Re: Please! Please don't...

Post by troublesmom »

Annette we send hopes that all works well for you soon.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Is anyone interested in participating in some sort of PAO challenge/technique event while PSL is going on? I don't personally want to participate in something as competitive as the PSL seems to me, and I don't like the, well... bitchiness... that seems to pervade while PSL is going on, but I would enjoy something fun here that didn't make me feel like I was letting down teammates by not participating. I'm willing to contribute a few challenges/techniques if others would like to do so as well. There's the spot created for the summer camp that we can use for this.... so? :anyone:

Monica
who's not against the PSL by any means, just personally offended by some nasty PMs and snide posts from the time I participated and I choose not to again!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I really think the main thing here is responsibility.
Whether PSL is going on or not if you sign up for swaps you follow through. If you can't then you communicate with the host. Everyone has lives that are outside PAO and sometimes they get in the way. Understood.
Communication as always is strongly encouraged and practically demanded.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Monica wrote:Is anyone interested in participating in some sort of PAO challenge/technique event while PSL is going on? I don't personally want to participate in something as competitive as the PSL seems to me, and I don't like the, well... bitchiness... that seems to pervade while PSL is going on, but I would enjoy something fun here that didn't make me feel like I was letting down teammates by not participating. I'm willing to contribute a few challenges/techniques if others would like to do so as well. There's the spot created for the summer camp that we can use for this.... so? :anyone:

Monica
who's not against the PSL by any means, just personally offended by some nasty PMs and snide posts from the time I participated and I choose not to again!
This doesn't really answer your question, Monica, but.....What I would like to see us do is get back on a regular schedule for things we started and didn't continue-the Deck of Art, Bernie Berlin Techniques, maybe Tim Tags for another season like Spring or Summer, a weekly challenge, things that we can do at our own pace or do as a group, rather than start something else totally new.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

So.... be responsible and respectful of other people.... isn't that on the list of things I learned in kindergarten? ;)
mpizzazz wrote:This doesn't really answer your question, Monica, but.....What I would like to see us do is get back on a regular schedule for things we started and didn't continue-the Deck of Art, Bernie Berlin Techniques, maybe Tim Tags for another season like Spring or Summer, a weekly challenge, things that we can do at our own pace or do as a group, rather than start something else totally new.
I'm in favor of getting these up and running again as well... even if some of them aren't ones I do. I'd like to see some techniques/different ways of using supplies/fresh ideas as well, which I gues means I need to step up to the plate myself!! I'll ahve to see what I can come up with this week to share with you all.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Well I might as well chime in here. I am one that has flaked on a swap and I am sorry.

Life does get in the way and sometimes your mental well being is also something to take into account. This is not a flame at the posters, just saying I am sorry. I have completed Mariannes and Gwens. I will not sign up for anymore swaps here as I do not want to let anyone down again.
Also in the past 4 weeks, my other half has had a heart attack, had been admitted to hospital, cannot do a stent because the stent is not long enough to unblock the whole thing etc..

Anyway I do have the swaps still here and I want to thank the girls that did mine as they are utterly beautiful. Will post a photo of them when I have some more time.

Anyway, life goes on. I hope you are all well and thank you to those that have contacted me xx
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am still in some swaps but there again with everything going on I am not signing up for as many. Right now I have enough to handle for a while. There are some that I will be working on soon and I look forward to them but can't take on any more new ones.

Sharon so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he will be doing better soon. I certainly understand and we always need to put family first.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

I'm doing my bestest to be more active now so its a habit to be active here by the time psl rolls around.