Book Printing?

pbp908

Book Printing?

Post by pbp908 »

Where do you have your books printed of your digi LOs? I looked at Blurb and Shutterfly briefly. How easy are they to load my own LOs? I don't want to use a site's cookie cutter pre-mades, and I'm not sure which companies allow you to do that.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Re: Book Printing?

Post by jfugina »

I've only ever used Shutterfly. I've been pretty happy. They did screw up the order of the pages in one of my books, but they sent me a replacement without asking for the messed up one back. I'm going to try to fix the oops book and give it to my MIL (it was a wedding book).

They have all of those pre-done layouts, but one of their layout options is one photo for the full page, and that's what I do. Just don't put anything important too close to the edge, as there's a very slight amount of cropping and you lose a little tiny bit at the binding edge.

The completed books seem crazy expensive, but if you think about the overall cost per page, like you said in a different thread, it really is more economical as a whole - especially if you're using freebie digi supplies. No kit cost, no photo cost, and it's possible for your entire album to average well under $2 per page. You can't even get that with an empty album and page protectors - much less the completed pages.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

I really liked Blurb because they gave you so many options compared to some places. I liked the fact that I could put in a perfectly square 12x12 layout and not worry that any part of it would be cut off on the edges or in the binding. I chose the black page with a large square in it to plop my 12x12 layout in. And I also loved that they offered a square book option.

Hope that helps.

BTW, their software was free and easy to use.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I did a book with Heritage Makers that allowed me to 'combine
my 12 x 12 pages with pages made with their elements, which was like creating a digi page from scratch, from various kits
I did an 8 x 8 book, so it worked out for square pages
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
tichwoli

Post by tichwoli »

I have heard that Twolia is good and mypictales but have not yet used either of them
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Thank you all. I also found Adobe prints books, but I haven't figured out yet if you have to do it "their way."
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com