Mixed media Art retreat in chicago!!!

Luanne

Mixed media Art retreat in chicago!!!

Post by Luanne »

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summ ... 2c304e834b

Passing on the love and art. This looks to be AMAZING!!!!
Save the Date for A New Art Retreat

Big news! We're starting a new retreat celebrating artistic expression through mixed media, and you're invited.

Join me (Pokey Bolton) and Cloth Paper Scissors Editor Jenn Mason for CREATE with Cloth Paper Scissors Mixed Media Retreat, August 25-29, 2010, in Rosemont, Illinois—just outside of bustling Chicago.

We'll have more than 60 workshops—from Fabric Fusion to Mixed-Media Jewelry—taught by some of the most sought-after artists and teachers in the country, plus a chance to meet and mingle, get inspiration, and shop for the coolest supplies and most current artwork.

We can't spill all the beans yet, but Jenn agreed to give you a sneak peek of what's in store for you at this exciting new experience through this little question-and-answer session.

Pokey: So, Jenn, tell us, what does CREATE stand for?
Jenn: Creative Retreat for Energy, Art, Transformation, and Excitement. I think that sums it up pretty well.

Pokey: What makes CREATE different from other retreats?
Jenn: Because Cloth Paper Scissors already has a great community filled with readers, artists, authors, and online members, CREATE is an opportunity to meet and/or reconnect with other like-minded people. We're all about spreading the mixed-media love. And because cloth is a big part of our magazine, there will be a focus on it that is sometimes missing at other mixed-media art retreats.

Pokey: Can you give everyone just a glimpse into the class offerings? For example, what are you teaching?
Jenn: We're still finalizing the schedule but I can tell you that we'll be offering both six-hour and three-hour workshops that cover collage, assemblage, art journaling, surface design, metal working, and a whole lot more. I'm looking forward to teaching both a Background Bonanza workshop where we'll take a look at all types of background techniques, as well as a gelatin printing workshop for creating wonderful pieces of art on both paper and fabric. And I heard someone is going to be teaching an all-day Printapalooza...someone who has a serious addiction to Thermofax screens.

Pokey: Hmmm...who could that be? Don't forget the Artist's Faire. Tell everyone what that's about.
Jenn: On Friday night we'll be opening the doors to an amazing night of shopping. There will be vendors selling all sorts of art supplies, tools, found objects, and unique finished artwork.

Pokey: It's going to be a creative, inspirational blast. Where should people go to sign up for event updates?
Jenn: They should visit the CREATE website at clothpaperscissorsretreat.com and sign up for email updates. As soon as we have more details, we'll post them there. But for right now, they should mark their calendars and start packing!

That's right, mark your calendar now for CREATE with Cloth Paper Scissors, August 25-29, 2010. And be sure to check the website for updates.
Luanne

Re: Mixed media Art retreat in chicago!!!

Post by Luanne »

I'll be dumping (Grande Garage Sale) all my Club Scrap stuff and collection of CS wood mount and cling and loose rubber stamps (over 1,000), Any other wooden stamps (like Tim Holtz, Michael DeMeng) I have collected (over 500) fiber, flowers, buttons, dominoes, kits, paper, storage supplies, Bind it all supplies, book making supplies, altered art materials, material, felted sweaters, ATC stuff....you name it, it must go. There are stamps and papers from when CS began, too! I haven't had time to make anything and I know a lot of you have had your eyes on it, so here's your chance. Rock bottom prices too.

At some point during the weekend TBA when I figure it out, I'll have a garage sale of all my stuff for those of you in town.
nancine

Post by nancine »

is this to pay for globe trotting?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Gosh - I hope with all the purging going on that our Vintage Halloween ATC's don't disappear!
:lol:
Pam Cook #48