a flower technique book...WK 6..Ribbon flowers, more

Paula

Re: a flower technique book...anyone interested in making one?

Post by Paula »

love the idea, and am certainly in on this. :happywave:
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Lynn, the techniques will always be on here so if anyone gets behind they can always go at their own pace....so far, the flowers I've made ahead only took minutes to do....
nancine

Post by nancine »

I did the first one! I've been missing my muse the past week + and really wanting to get going - so I did this to jump start my afternoon of creativity! Thanks RA!!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I'll join in. I'm thinking it's a good way to use up some pops, rather than a shopping list format.

I'm looking forward to learning some new techniques, and btw, that Fizz flower is adorable.
Ruth Ann Landry

and Nancine, didn't it take you just a couple minutes to do??? Remember, ladies...this isn't a swap...you don't have to worry about having picture perfect pages, or just the right techniques, materials, or color combos...it's a "how-to" reference just for your use on those times you'd like a little flower here or there, how a particular flower looks, and a little help in remembering how to make it.

thanks, Beth...i finally went back and put it on my book page too....I remembered my own advice...(see above)
djenns

Post by djenns »

This could be an interesting thing......I'll have to reread this thread and get my mind cleared. This has not been my best week....but it's getting better.

Diana
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I agree w/Nancy..I see tuts all the time so putting them together would be good. RA...we should move this thread to the reference section..

Here's my first one..this flower is kind of large, going to try and make a few smaller to actually put in my book.
Attachments
DSCN1955 (Medium).JPG
DSCN1955 (Medium).JPG (34.86 KiB) Viewed 413 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

There are several in this month's Creating Keepsakes. Ruth Ann - did you see that article? If not, I can post some after I get back in late May. Or maybe someone else could help out.
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

I've been spending the best part of two days watching tuts and videos and reading and trying and taking notes...but if you find a good website, lmk! If you meant Tia Bennet's, I saw those....will try some today....
Ruth Ann Landry

Julie, nice page....is the double stick tape over the whole piece of cp or just in the middle to adhere one layer to another?
Ruth Ann Landry

If a moderator can move this to reference section, have at it! I don't know how to do that, or if I can....
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:Julie, nice page....is the double stick tape over the whole piece of cp or just in the middle to adhere one layer to another?
The DS tape goes over the entire circles so as you lay your pleats in a circular motion, they stick.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:If a moderator can move this to reference section, have at it! I don't know how to do that, or if I can....
Done. This topic is now in the reference section of the gallery.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Okay, I'm lost. Are there directions for the ones several of you have already posted?
Ruth Ann Landry

Lynn, on mine I try to print large enough to read right from the post...if you can't, let me know and I will send to you...they are super simple....