a flower technique book...WK 6..Ribbon flowers, more

Ruth Ann Landry

Re: a flower technique book...anyone interested in making one?

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Thanks, Julie
nancine

Post by nancine »

pamcook wrote:There are several in this month's Creating Keepsakes. Ruth Ann - did you see that article? If not, I can post some after I get back in late May. Or maybe someone else could help out.
when you get back from Australia? :cool5: :cool5:
nancine

Post by nancine »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:and Nancine, didn't it take you just a couple minutes to do??? Remember, ladies...)
Yep. super quick and such a feeling of accomplishment! I even used paper from my "recycle" box :lol:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yep! When I'm back from Australia - I'll be jet-lagged and depressed but I can't think about that part now.
Pam Cook #48
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

pamcook wrote:Definitely - but this does give me yet one more opportunity to put in writing that I LEAVE FOR AUSTRALIA ON MAY1!
:happywave:
Yes, I was screaming that statement! Now that my trip is just a smidge over 2 weeks away it feels like it's really going to happen!

Oh wait - back to the topic - yes, definitely! I would love to see all the steps and actually have them in a journal. I would get caught up when I get home at the end of May.
How long are you here for Pam??? The whole month?

Ruth Ann great Idea! There are quite a few techniques on Swirly Doos for making flowers too, if you are interested.
Ruth Ann Landry

thanks, sharon...I can use a couple...I'm trying not to use anything that takes a particular die cut as I don't have them...yet...and if others don't have them i don't want to create an expense......
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm re-reading old issues of Scrapbook Answers magazine, and...... lo and behold, there was an article on flowers! So when we have done ome of the great ideas already in the works, I'll post some of those.

I hope to get a chance on Sunday to do some of these.... I'm helping a friend with a yard sale and that's eating up my weekend time. However, I have to be home do to the laundry, which gives me play time while things are washin' and dryin'.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Ruth Ann Landry

Here is week two. I showed this flower last week..In case you cannot read the directions here they are;
1.Use decorative edge scissors, punch or dies and punch a 12 in strip of paper.
2. Cut to width desired. This is app 1 in...the wider the strip the larger the flower.
3. fold the strip accordian style about every 1/2 in.
4. Adhere the ends together and push down in the center to form a circle. Glue down on 1 in pc of cardstock (or a punched circle)
5. Top off with doo-dads of your choice.
Attachments
2006 06 29 001.JPG
2006 06 29 001.JPG (38.01 KiB) Viewed 469 times
2006 06 29 002.JPG
2006 06 29 002.JPG (38.18 KiB) Viewed 469 times
pamcook

Re: a flower technique book...WEEK TWO

Post by pamcook »

I really like this one. The whole piece will look so different based on whatever you use for your decorative edge, the paper you choose and the size of your folds.

I leave for Australia on May 1 and then home again on May 20. My boss almost had a stroke when I asked for the time off (and according to policy, she could have limited me to the 2 week max). Everyone, please pray that DH wins the lottery while I'm gone so I don't have to come back! ;)
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Because i don't have text weight scrapbook paper around here (and most of the flowers are easier with that) I've had to get creative...this one was made from a page ripped out of an atlas...I think it was an article on american indians! Yesterday I made a really pretty one from water color paper, so some heavier weight ones will be coming in the future........
Ruth Ann Landry

I'm hoping that if you are making your own flower book, you show it on here, too!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Cheryl M - you bought a beautiful border punch in March. It would make a gorgeous flower with this technique, too.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm trying to work on it now.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Ruth Ann Landry

Cheryl if you have problems with the directions, lmk!
NannieKK

Post by NannieKK »

I'm keeping tabs on this link. Awesome ideas and reference materials. I'll be trying my hand at these too because I love the flowers, especially anything the others at my crop circle may not have. Thanks! Kaye