Kits for Taggers on the Blog Trains

bethrich

Kits for Taggers on the Blog Trains

Post by bethrich »

On these smaller blog trains a lot of the kits are for "taggers". This is a new term for me, at least in this context. Does anybody know what it means in the digi world?
LynnMath

Re: Kits for Taggers on the Blog Trains

Post by LynnMath »

bethrich wrote:On these smaller blog trains a lot of the kits are for "taggers". This is a new term for me, at least in this context. Does anybody know what it means in the digi world?
From a quick perusal, it seems that "tagger size" is done at a smaller size -- resolution 72 ppi, and sized at 800x800 pixels, or 900x900 pixels. I wonder if that means they are useful for people who use them exclusively for internet use ... rather than printing out. (Designs destined for printing out are usually done at resolution of 300 ppi).

For me it's not that big a deal to convert something from 300 to 72 ppi, but maybe there's a class of people out there who design things only meant for display on the web -- perhaps blog designs, headers, etc., and they don't want to be bothered converting bigger-sized elements?

Hmmm... okay, I've found some that are 300 dpi for printing out, and 700x700 pixels. Well, not sure what the need is for this size. I can't find much on Google describing it, only tons of places selling it! LOL
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Taggers normally refers to graffiti artists, but the kits that I looked at don't look like graffiti art to me. Darned if I know.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Glad I'm not the only puzzled one! :lol: