Sticky snowman

Luanne

Sticky snowman

Post by Luanne »

Inspired by the nov/dec 2008 Cloth Paper Scissors, I knew I wanted to make some snowpeople, but I just threw out all the random bottles I had sitting around! No matter, I have a yard full of sticks...snow people popcicles! Paper clay for the head, blinggy brads for decor, vintage scarf and jingle dusted with a touch of white glitter. Oh, are these addicting! Grab that paper clay you have (You know you have one) and make your own sticky snowman for the holidays!TFL!
gwendols

Re: Sticky snowman

Post by gwendols »

Wow!! Really cool!!!
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
yocasta

Post by yocasta »

Super cute! any directions????? :creating:
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

aha...you DID see it...(Iposted this somewhere on here and said it had your name all over it!)
donnak

Post by donnak »

Cute, cute! Maybe after Thanksgiving I will have more time to work on something like this - I have a bunch of vintage bottles and they would look cool with sticky snowmen in them! TFS
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Here's the family:

Easy to make! Make a ball of air dry or white craft clay and put it on a stick from outside. Stick things into it (brads,eyelets). Tie some ribbon for a scarf, brush on white school glue and sprinkle with glitter. I think these would be really fun for kids to make too. When the clay dries, the stuff might fall out... use glossy accents or E6000 to put them back, and keep them in place. I suppose you could use white styrofoam balls for heads too. I just grabbed what I found laying around.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:clap: nice job!
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

they look remarkably like
Luanne's skulls, change out the colors and
you could use them DOTD, too :)
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Luly

Post by Luly »

LOVE THEM! Thanks so much for sharing Luanne..
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I'm trying to not make any more 'angry art' but I don't think I can. I stepped back and looked at them as a group, and thought, ah, Christmas skully snowmen! I was hoping nobody would notice, lol
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Those are so cute! TFS!
nancine

Post by nancine »

they are great - and that's probably the kind of snowmen I would have around here... no snow for us.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wonderful Luanne! I have my CPS sitting here waiting to peruse. I worked everyday this week and I'm pooped, but maybe I'll get a chance to play this week end. Those are really cool!
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Luanne, do you have any old glass baby bottles around? One of those bottle snowmen looks like it's on a glass baby bottle....do they even make them anymore?
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I have a ton of glass baby bottles. That's how i store Emily's food every day. We were using plastic, but it's not so good for you long term, so I switched to glass bottles about 1 1/2 years ago.