OT: Advent calendar ideas

Yoli

OT: Advent calendar ideas

Post by Yoli »

I finally purchased the Kaiser Advent Calendar (http://www.kaisercraft.net/blog/your-cr ... calendars/). I've been wanting one of these for awhile. This is Diego's first. I have some ideas as to how I'm going to decorate the calendar. Of course I would never say no to pics you submit of your own calendars. :D But the reason I'm posting here today is to get some ideas for activities/projects we can do during the Advent season. I've done a google search and found a few ideas and/or daily activities we can enjoy. Everyday he will get a little treat but the central idea for our calendar is about giving to others. He likes the idea of collecting can food around the neighborhood to donate to a local food pantry. Another idea is to make cookies and donate them to a shelter. Looking for other ideas along these lines . . . especially small scale ideas since the food pantry and the shelter I consider those a little bigger projects. The activities have to age appropriate for a 6 yr old though. Your help is greatly appreciated.
ChristyB

Re: Advent calendar ideas

Post by ChristyB »

maybe make a few cards and take to elderly housing. I know where my Grandmother is every time we go to visit they all come around and love to visit with the kids.
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: OT: Advent calendar ideas

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

1. put out bird food for the wild birds
2. take newpapers, clorox, or another supply to a local ASPCA
3. take a walk and pick up litter
4. use a recycled object in an art project
5. elderly neighbors? sweep their walk, walk their dog, etc
6. donate used toys and books to needy organizations or children
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Thank you ladies for your ideas. I think I'm making the projects more complicated than they need to be.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Ruth - fabulous ideas each and every one of them!!