Tim's tags 2010

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
katymjo

Re: Tim's tags 2010

Post by katymjo »

Paula and Rachelle, thanks for the info on the grunge. I wonder if it had a use out in the Big Wide World before Tim got hold of it?
Kathryn.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here are:

Tag 7-Poinsettia.
I used the same canvas paper that Kathryn did-she gave it to me! I liked working with it, it inked well and distressed nicely.
For my background I used a Cuttlebug folder. I think Cheryl used it, too. I cut the tag in 2/3 so I could put it in sideways and get the textured lines going the length of the tag. It made a suitable woodgrain since so much is covered anyway.
Here is an interesting link for info about poinsettias, too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphorbia_pulcherrima

Kathryn, the center is one of the "serious" bling I told you about. I got a card of them on sale at Michaels this week.
Tag 7-Poinsettia
Tag 7-Poinsettia
Tag 7.jpg (172.15 KiB) Viewed 167 times
Tag 8-to all a good night
I traced a sleigh and reindeer off the laptop monitor. It was an outdoor lighting display you could buy for about $1000. I made a mask out of plastic transparency, cut out the houses, etc. I used an old watch face but was disappointed that the glossy accents filled in the date and you can't see it says "25" now.
Tag 8.jpg (124.41 KiB) Viewed 167 times
Tag 9-peace on earth
I think this tag wins the prize for the most shimmer I have ever done on anything. It was hard to photograph. I finally mixed up a good red with gold Pearl Ex and also a plain gold one. Rosette is a new wrapping paper we just bought at Marshall. Lots stash scraps here including some paper beads wrapped in wire and dipped in UTEE.
Tag 9-Peace on Earth
Tag 9-Peace on Earth
Tag 9.jpg (196.32 KiB) Viewed 167 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful Marianne. I love number 9 the best! I think everyone's take on that has been stunning.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is Tag 10

The snow woman is cut from chipboard, stamped and embossed with snowflakes. Cuttlebug folder for the plastic with the winter definitions on it. I don't have the flakes one. Icicles are dress trim. I'm underwhelmed by this one but don't know what else to do with it. I've speckled white paint all over it as a start.
Tag 10-Happy Holidays
Tag 10-Happy Holidays
Tag 10.jpg (145.34 KiB) Viewed 166 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

troublesmom wrote:Wonderful Marianne. I love number 9 the best! I think everyone's take on that has been stunning.
Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, I agree, it has been one where we can make it really fancy if we want.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Paula

Post by Paula »

Marianne, your tags are rockin! I love the red flower. What a great touch! The snowman looks absolutely great, maybe add something red on the lower corners? Something to pull your eye down......................
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Still working on 10 & 11 here but it will probably be Monday before I can get them finished and I hope to add 12 on Monday also.

Marianne I like your idea of a snowlady. Her hat is awesome.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

Your tags are absolutely TERRIFIC, Marianne!!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Wowza Marianne! :clap:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Just finished up number 11. Can't believe there's only one more (sniff, sniff :cry: )

I started off drawing my own tree on grungeboard, then realized I'd done a mirror image of what I wanted; saw that my dictionary page had a cute picture on that side so it was going to work and then I went and stamped my border on the wrong side. Doh!!! I like how it turned out anyway, but I think I'm tired.
Attachments
Day11TH!12Tags2010.jpg
Day11TH!12Tags2010.jpg (25.4 KiB) Viewed 158 times
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Here are my 2 mistakes for day 2...

The first one was going fine until I stamped the flourish too dark... grrr
The second one was going ok until I just did not like it lol.. Anyway today I found a wooden cut bird, painted it silver and stuck it on.. I am not doing a third of the same tag. The end. Oh photos were taken in the xmas tree... :)
DSC03049.jpg
DSC03049.jpg (64.12 KiB) Viewed 157 times
DSC03046.jpg
DSC03046.jpg (88.65 KiB) Viewed 157 times
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Ok how are you all doing the Poinsetta? Is there a die or are you cutting it by hand or should I be watching some video?
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Sharon your tags look very good. As far as the poinsettia the die he used is Tattered Florals, but you could cut your own.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I tackled the last tag this morning, in between getting the Sunday lunch!
The Christmas baubles are stickers, clear and gold, that I stuck onto red paper and then cut round. I used my favourite stamp from CS Evergreen for the background and fir-tree branch. The "December" is a piece of a wallet-size calendar that came as a freebie a couple of weeks ago. It is matted onto gold card. The top left corner looked a bit empty so I put in 2010.
Kathryn.
Attachments
Tag-12.jpg
Tag-12.jpg (58.16 KiB) Viewed 147 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Beautiful, Kathryn!! I love your ornaments.