My Own Color Swatch Book

New tricks to amaze your friends
mpizzazz

My Own Color Swatch Book

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is the color swatch book that I use to choose papers for layouts. I made it myself so that I could keep all like colors together unlike the CS swatches that are done by kit.
I punch squares with a 1 1/2" punch and put them on old border strip POPs by color. I write the kit, month and year on them so I can find the kits in my drawers.
This really helps me choose colors based on the photos and not by the kit. Hope this helps those people who find it hard to mix kits.
SwatchBook.JPG
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
julierealtor

Re: My Own Color Swatch Book

Post by julierealtor »

Love this Marianne...I made my own 'swatch ring'. Cut 2" squares, punch a hole in the corner and put them on a large binder ring. I write the name of the kit on the back of each one...but they are in order of kit. I find that it is much easier to mix 'n match the kits with this readily available. Use it ALL the time.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Great idea, Marianne! Oh, oh, oo, oo!

Could you, would you, be able to help with my color database for the older kits? I sorted by color back in 2006 and can't complete a lot of the info for kits before that.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

It was hard to do, but I broke my kits down into colors and have them in roll abouts that fit under my work table. Of course, I did that last year, so there's at least a year's worth of kits that need to be done now. Today I'm cleaning up my fun room because I have to have somewhere to move all of the plants during Christmas. Maybe those boxes on the floor will be part of the clean up!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

good idea.
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

This is a fabulous idea, I could never see myself doing this, the hoarder in me would not allow me to cut a small piece off to make a sample, I as so pitiful right?
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Maritza that's what pops are for :)
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Sharonv wrote:Maritza that's what pops are for :)
I know , I know, but if I would need it later??? LOL
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Maritza,
This comment is for you!!!!

If you look at the picture you will see that I cut the squares out of the mattes as far into them as I could. That way you can still use the matte to put a photo on and no one will know that it has a hole cut out of it. I learned many years ago, never cut a piece out of the corner of a whole piece of paper whether it be 8.5 x 11 or 12 x 12. Go inside the paper leaving a border around the edge of about 3/4" and cut out your piece. Later when you use the piece of paper it can be covered by a matte or another piece of paper. I have cut a 1 1/2" square out of 12 x 12 and no one knows, do you? In fact, I do this a lot for mattes or behind an 8.5 x 11" piece of paper and no one knows there are holes in it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Dear mpizzazz
“formerly known as Marianne in MD”

YOU are BRILLIANT!!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Marianne, love your idea :greenbounce:

TFS
Paula
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

That is an excellent idea, and it looks fantastic!! Love the cutting in the middle, I second the fact that you are brilliant!
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Thanks for the wonderful ideas, Marianne! You do have a great perspective and it is so nice of you to share it with us!
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

This is a cool idea. I often forget the color palette of each kit. It was ok when I first started because all I had to do was dig into my PB to take a peak. But I have way too many kits to do that now. Thanks Marianne for sharing this wonderful idea.
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I agree that Marianne in Pizzazz, MD is brilliant!

:hijack: Just this weekend, I was looking for a piece of cream cardstock of the texture found in the Science kit. Smooth and shiny like a manila folder. Am I dreaming this? Or was there such a paper? Maybe I have been playing with too many cream manila tags?