SQL Errors

Notes to and from the paowers that be
jfugina

SQL Errors

Post by jfugina »

Hey ladies - I just wanted to post this reminder, since it's probably been well over a year since I've mentioned it in the forum - please don't report SQL errors to me (or a mod) unless they last for 10 minutes or more. Most of the time, a SQL error will actually be resolved before you can finish composing your e-mail or FB note to report it.

Chances are, the host is just rebooting the database, and that causes the database to be unavailable for about one minute - usually less. If an error persists for 10 minutes or more, then I'll be happy to contact the host and ask what's up, and find out when they expect to have everything back online.

I can't prevent those kinds of errors from happening, but since we're using a host that offers 24/7 uptime, rest assured that they know about any SQL/socket/php/whatever errors before I do and are already on top of things. On the off chance that they don't know, I'll be happy to report it. But please give it a few minutes to resolve itself before alerting anyone.

I can fully appreciate that everyone here only wants to make sure that our forum stays alive and well, and I want that too. And sometimes a few minutes of downtime is required to get things set back to rights. I appreciate your patience when these brief outages happen.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Re: SQL Errors

Post by pamcook »

okay - got it! (I've been getting that error rather frequently over the past few days - now I understand!)
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Pam - something else to consider, is that if you're getting that error frequently and others are not, then your browser might have cached the error page and keeps showing it to you. Clear out your cache, and that might help. On most of my browsers, I have it set to clear the cache every time I close the browser, and I think that helps a lot.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It happens at home and at work. I'm going to ignore it.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've been in and out of the site several times today and experienced no problems. I'm with Julie - you may still need to delete the temp files. Easy enough to do with IE.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com