New Tuesday Tutorial ....

New tricks to amaze your friends
ErinW-N

New Tuesday Tutorial ....

Post by ErinW-N »

I've made a tutorial for using all of those crazy small scraps.

Someone posted a while ago that they put their scraps through the paper shredder and so I started doing that and have found that they are great for making handmade paper as well as molded paper shapes (and they are great for gift basket stuffing!). My new tutorial is making paper molded shapes. Here is a pic of one of the finished molds that I made for the 12 days of Christmas swap. :creating: I rubbed CS hybrid ink in Ruby to make the shapes stand out.

TFL

Maritza

Re: New Tuesday Tutorial ....

Post by Maritza »

you made that from paper scraps!! WOW that is great!

need to learn how, I have tons of scraps
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

wow!
ErinW-N

Post by ErinW-N »

Maritza wrote:you made that from paper scraps!! WOW that is great!

need to learn how, I have tons of scraps
Put em through the paper shredder, then in the blender with water and use bathroom tissue (a.k.a. artists paper, lol) to line
a chocolate mold. Very Very easy :)

TFL
Paula

Post by Paula »

I love it
I love it
I love it

Looks awesine :greenbounce: :greenbounce:

Paula
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

ErinW-N wrote: use bathroom tissue (a.k.a. artists paper, lol)
What's with the crafting in the bathroom theme here? Did Dani teach you this?? lol just kidding
ErinW-N

Post by ErinW-N »

That's funny!

Actually that was Annette and Ink Pattie's bad influence !
Holly

Post by Holly »

Great Erin-- is this a spoiler as well for number 12 in group one? Can't wait. Love it.The perfect finish for my board.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Oooo... great paper mold! Do you have a set of all 12 days? I've not seen a set myself, but now I'm gonna be on the lookout!

I have done the handmade paper and it's tons of fun to do. I have paper fixative and some add-ins for mine... if I ever find time to play with it again. I took a class at an lss several years ago, and we had a blast!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
rinda

Post by rinda »

Woohoo! I love it, and I'm going to get one! I just found a perfect frame for my 12 Days today in my garages! Hope to get to it this weekend.
Rinda
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Awesome Erin!
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Very nice Erin! I wish I was in both groups on this one!
Cathy:)
ErinW-N

Post by ErinW-N »

Monica wrote:Oooo... great paper mold! Do you have a set of all 12 days? I've not seen a set myself, but now I'm gonna be on the lookout!

I have done the handmade paper and it's tons of fun to do. I have paper fixative and some add-ins for mine... if I ever find time to play with it again. I took a class at an lss several years ago, and we had a blast!

Monica
I have all twelve days, but it is a chocolate mold, you might want to look in the kitchen supplies aisle :)

here is the link to the paper recipe I got from Ink Pattie
http://www.pioneerthinking.com/makingpaper.html
Tiggywinkle

Post by Tiggywinkle »

I have a couple of cards that my aunt made that have little medallions of handmade paper on them, and I'd swear she used one of those clay cookie stamps to mold them. Does anybody else have any of those stamps? They are round, small--only a couple of inches across, 2 or 3 inches. They were popular...oh, twenty years ago or more, it must be, though it hardly seems possible that it has been that long.

Here's a couple of pictures. I found the cookie stamp, still in it's little box, and from the address on it, it has been closer to 25 years that these things were popular! Wow. The other picture is of the card my aunt sent me last year (doesn't she do beautiful work!) and that little paper medallion is the exact size of the stamp, which I included in the picture for comparison sake. I also measured it and it is almost exactly two inches across. The brand name on the sticker is Rycraft.

Anyway, I'm sure she must be using those cookie stamps on her paper. Don't know about lining it with the tissue, you'd just about lose all the detail doing that. Hmmm. What kind of ratio of water to paper? What sort of consistency should it have when it comes out of the blender?
Attachments
Rycraft "Harp" cookie stamp
Rycraft "Harp" cookie stamp
DSC03060.JPG (150.83 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Card with stamp
Card with stamp
DSC03059.JPG (154.63 KiB) Viewed 554 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Erin - Have you mailed those out yet for the 12 Days of Christmas swap?

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com