Madonna with Child AJ page

photocatseyes

Madonna with Child AJ page

Post by photocatseyes »

Hmmm, went for red and yellow again. Performed some dripping, spraying, stamping, used bubblewrap, and a stamp from clubscrap (the writing). Thanks for looking. I had serious fun making this one. Cut out the Madonna from a leaflet that I picked up in Urbino, Le Marche, Italy last month. And I have some more leaflets with interesting stuff... ;o)))
Attachments
photoforgephoto.jpeg
photoforgephoto.jpeg (177.9 KiB) Viewed 481 times
pbp908

Re: Madonna with Child AJ page

Post by pbp908 »

Oh my gosh! Wow, just Wow.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

What Pam said. This is why I don't do art journaling. LOL. This is one of those things that I just stand back and admire from afar, accepting the fact that my brain doesn't work that way.

Thanks for posting your journals - they are really fantastic and I really enjoy looking at them!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
photocatseyes

Post by photocatseyes »

Thank you so much Ladies. You are food for my soul. Hec, that is why I don't really do art journaling, because I look at work done by Pam Carriker, Donna Downey, Kate Crane and sigh in silence. I am trying to find my own voice instead of starting off with copying others. I do have a messy brain though and that might probably be a good thing for art journaling. One of the few things a messy brain IS good for. ;o)) I always gawk at people who can line up a page where the flow is soft and gentle, without contrast and heavenly pastel colors. I always end up with screaming colors and high contrast. One day, sigh, one day...
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

jfugina wrote:What Pam said. This is why I don't do art journaling. LOL. This is one of those things that I just stand back and admire from afar, accepting the fact that my brain doesn't work that way.

Thanks for posting your journals - they are really fantastic and I really enjoy looking at them!
I am echoing what Julie said... Absolutely fantastic!
Paula

Post by Paula »

add me to the list---just stunning!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Exactly! I have a lot of trouble doing them but I love seeing everyones take and these have been stunning.
jfugina wrote:What Pam said. This is why I don't do art journaling. LOL. This is one of those things that I just stand back and admire from afar, accepting the fact that my brain doesn't work that way.

Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I love how the focus is on the Madonna.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Again - gorgeous colors!

The thing I love most about art journaling is that they can be whatever you want them to be. Right now, I have one that's nothing but trying out art media (panpastels, drippage, oil pastels...). I find teaching videos on youtube and jerry's artarama and then use what supplies I have to try them out. It's only paper - if I "mess it up", no biggie. Someday, these pages might be backgrounds - and maybe not.
Pam Cook #48
photocatseyes

Post by photocatseyes »

That is what I am doing Pam. If I have no muse nearby I make backgrounds. Trying things out, handmaking books, I love the pan colors but don't have them right now. I do most of my backgrounds with neo colour or cheap acryl from a thrift store in town. As you say, it is only paper... And if messed up, there is always gesso. :lol:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yes - wonderful gesso!
:lol:
Pam Cook #48