Tim's Summer 2011 CHA releases

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Tim's Summer 2011 CHA releases

Post by Monica »

We're on day 2 of his releases, and I feel like I did over the winter releases... some jazz me and some do not! Lolz! I look forward to his Christmas stuff hitting stores, and I'm loving the pumpkin Bigz die and the pumpkin/acorn and leaves Movers & Shapers dies. I'm still confused over his obsession with skulls, but then I don't care for them myself... unless I'm scrapping pictures about the Goonies! Some of those new embossing folders look pretty cool as well. I'm hoping for some really cool stamps this round. What do you all think?

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Paula

Re: Tim's Summer 2011 CHA releases

Post by Paula »

I won't look----I won't look----I won't look---I won't lookI won't look!!!
Monica

Post by Monica »

hahahahahaha!! Resistance is futile!! :creating:

Monica
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Okay - you made me look.
I love that fall border and the pumpkin dies and the candelabra and...
Pam Cook #48
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I haven't been very thrilled with most of his product line the last couple of years to be honest. :crazy:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I'm kinda with you Julie. I like some of the embossing folders, though to be honest, I haven't used the ones I bought. I don't do the kinds of projects he does, and so other than things like the distress inks, the stuff doesn't really appeal to me. The trinkets and boxes and glass and metal pieces and whatever else really have no purpose in my life - it's just not what I do. There will probably be a few dies and stamps that interest me, but not much else.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

I agree with the Julies! I like some of his stuff, but it doesn't really thrill me over-all. The inks and stains are great - but the other stuff just doesn't speak to me that much.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I like the trinkets, but I'm getting a little tired of Tim stuff. :-o Still love the ink pads, tho.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I pick and choose what I like from his stuff.... some jazzes me and some does not. The inks are what originally drew me, then the stamps... I do need to seriously start using more of the collection of grungeboard I have, though! Hmmm... maybe that will be my personal challenge for the rest of 2011. :creating:

Monica
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I will always use Ranger inks...always... :tomato:
Monica

Post by Monica »

julierealtor wrote:I will always use Ranger inks...always... :tomato:
ROFL!! You know, my first complete set of ink pads were the Adirondacks from Ranger. That was around 1998 or so. I have reinkers for most of them, although I've found that the refresher spray thingie works well, so I use the reinkers for projects instead. When I first was drawn to stamping, it was so I could color w/o people looking at me funny for having coloring books and crayons. I still have my Crayolas and coloring books, though! There's just nothing like the smell of a new box of Crayolas... mmmmm..... (I know, it's sick.... but I'm ok with that!)

Monica
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I don't even look at his stuff any more. I may buy trinkets and a few things but I don't care for a lot of it. As far as ink, I have Stampin' Up!; Club Scrap; Brilliance; StazOn;Distress; and probably a few that I didn't list. You can never, ever have too many colors of ink.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Monica wrote:I still have my Crayolas and coloring books, though! There's just nothing like the smell of a new box of Crayolas... mmmmm..... (I know, it's sick.... but I'm ok with that!)
My youngest son is 21...and I still have a few boxes of Crayolas...some in like new condition. Hard to part with crafting items! I also agree about the smell of crayons...nothing like it. It's funny, I would ONLY buy Crayolas for the boys...as I'm a crayon snob I guess! :lol:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

pat-czap wrote:
Monica wrote:I still have my Crayolas and coloring books, though! There's just nothing like the smell of a new box of Crayolas... mmmmm..... (I know, it's sick.... but I'm ok with that!)
My youngest son is 21...and I still have a few boxes of Crayolas...some in like new condition. Hard to part with crafting items! I also agree about the smell of crayons...nothing like it. It's funny, I would ONLY buy Crayolas for the boys...as I'm a crayon snob I guess! :lol:
Me too. I refuse to have any that aren't Crayolas!! Us crayon snobs need to stick together!

Monica
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Monica wrote:Us crayon snobs need to stick together!
That's for sure! :lol:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA