NEW limited edition Distress inks!!!

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Re: NEW limited edition Distress inks!!!

Post by Monica »

:angry37: Recieved an email from Robin at OWSE saying that Ranger only produced 10000 sets, and OWSE being a small online store can't get in the amount for the orders placed.... their distributor just doesn't have them to sell. I cannot believe that Ranger would do such a stupid thing! I fired off an email to Tim and commented on Ranger's blog about this. I'm with you Pam... I want to support who I choose to, and not have to buy only from the big box stores. This really irritates me. :angry42: Bad enough that they opt not to do reinkers for the pads, which I feel they should have, but to only do 1000 sets? Are ya kidding me?!?! That won't even be enough for New York State, let alone the rest of the country and the planet!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

What a tease!! I heard about this all day yesterday on the internet and then find out they only produced 10,000 sets to cover EVERYBODY!!! Geez, I guess all of us "insignificants" are considered priviledged!! Boo Ranger!!!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Debbie J wrote:What a tease!! I heard about this all day yesterday on the internet and then find out they only produced 10,000 sets to cover EVERYBODY!!! Geez, I guess all of us "insignificants" are considered priviledged!! Boo Ranger!!!
I totally agree. I'm seeing this posted all over the forums and blogs I check, and there are comments from more people than just me on Ranger's blog as well. In an iffy economy, where we are really being choosy about where to spend crafting money, this may have repercussions for a long time.

Monica
nancine

Post by nancine »

that's not too many units for all the people that probably want them. I can't believe they are only making such a small amount. And no reinkers to boot.

I ordered mine from Simon Says Stamps because I had a 15% off coupon - because at $17.99 a pop that's $6 a pad, and you can usually get them for $5 so jacking up the price is kinda low too.
My LSS is pre-ordering them, but she has high prices on most things so I usually don't buy this type of thing from her.
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Wow! Didn't realize all this was going on! Not nice Ranger! Well... I guess I'll see if I get them for free... if not, I won't be buying them... but ... if they're limited? Why would I want them if I can't continue to buy them? If I like something, I'm going to get irritated when it's used up... right?

Hmmmm..
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

nancine wrote:that's not too many units for all the people that probably want them. I can't believe they are only making such a small amount. And no reinkers to boot.

I ordered mine from Simon Says Stamps because I had a 15% off coupon - because at $17.99 a pop that's $6 a pad, and you can usually get them for $5 so jacking up the price is kinda low too.
My LSS is pre-ordering them, but she has high prices on most things so I usually don't buy this type of thing from her.

Like minds think the same.
I was just doing the math--$6 per pad, I can't reink.
I like the colors but I'm not buying
Monica

Post by Monica »

tlscrap wrote:Wow! Didn't realize all this was going on! Not nice Ranger! Well... I guess I'll see if I get them for free... if not, I won't be buying them... but ... if they're limited? Why would I want them if I can't continue to buy them? If I like something, I'm going to get irritated when it's used up... right?

Hmmmm..
I don't understand why they didn't bundle them with reinkers.... after all, they have to make up the inks to color the pads, right?

Monica
nancine

Post by nancine »

I just read that they are limiting it to 12 sets per retail store? C'mon... my LSS where I took the tim class this summer had huge BOXES of all the distress inks, sprays, stains you name it... each class had 70 ladies, you know they all want some!
Monica

Post by Monica »

I emailed Tim this morning and he responded that he and Ranger felt they had sufficient quantities available to fill orders. Call me crazy, but I don't think I agree with that!

Monica
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Monica wrote:I emailed Tim this morning and he responded that he and Ranger felt they had sufficient quantities available to fill orders. Call me crazy, but I don't think I agree with that!

Monica
:wtf:
Monica

Post by Monica »

ChristyB wrote:
Monica wrote:I emailed Tim this morning and he responded that he and Ranger felt they had sufficient quantities available to fill orders. Call me crazy, but I don't think I agree with that!

Monica
:wtf:
That was MY thought!!

Monica
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Hmph....

It's when things like this happen that companies lose business and some people go elsewhere....

:(
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Monica

Post by Monica »

This is Tim's complete response to me....
hi monica - i'm sorry that you're disappointed but all i can say is the figure you were given is completely false. it's a shame people are quoting numbers to make excuses about how many inks were produced when that number has not been made public and is completely untrue. we feel we produced a sufficient amount to support our suppliers, distributors, and independent stores. thanks
And my original email...
Tim,

I was excited to see the new limited edition Distress inks on your blog yesterday, and I promptly ordered them from my favorite online retailer. However, I received an email very late last night saying that they were unable to get any of the new inks as Ranger was only producing 10000 sets and the distributor didn't have any left for them to order and sell. I love my Distress inks, and I'm all for a limited edition set, but it is very frustrating when I can't get a set due to the excessively limited quantities. I had actually ordered two sets so that I could give a set to my mom as a gift, which I won't be able to do now.

I understand that you are not the person(s) making those decisions, but I ask that you share my frustrations with the powers that be at Ranger. The online company I support is a small business run by people I personally know, not a large chain, which is why I choose to order your various lines of product through them. I know that many others who order through them are also upset by this. I have been a loyal Ranger customer for over 12 years now, and I hope that they will do the right thing and make a larger quantity of sets available for all of us who would like to purchase them.

Sincerely,

Monica Lake
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Well, it's pretty obvious that however many sets were produced were extremely insufficient! :angry42:
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm waiting to see if Ranger or Tim will make any sort of announcement on this..... But yeah.... my thought was :wtf:

Monica