NEW limited edition Distress inks!!!

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
pamcook

Re: NEW limited edition Distress inks!!!

Post by pamcook »

It would be different if they couldn't produce enough - it's entirely another thing to just limit production. On top of it, to sell to only those who will order huge amounts. It just stinks.
All they need to do is say they will make enough to fill orders through a certain date and then no more.
I emailed Scott at Blue Moon - they are taking pre-orders but taking pre-orders doesn't mean anything if Ranger says, "Sorry, we're sold out."
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

:wtf:

I've just always wanted to use that smilie...
Monica

Post by Monica »

I just realized that I mis-stated myself in my original email to Tim... I believe Robin @ OWSE said she was told she could only get four sets, which I'm sure isn't nearly enough for the orders she has.

Pam, you said exactly what I told my mom! They should have a specific time period where everyone can place orders to be filled and produce for that. If no one can get them the day they announce them that's just BAD BUSINESS... especially if they really did give preference to the big box stores.

Nancy... ROFL!!! I don't use that smilie much but every so often it fits my thoughts exactly.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Good Morning
I haven't had a chance to speak/email with Robyn yet. I have only read what Monica has read. I do know that I was concerned about the numbers, however when the Distributor emailed out saying "shipping" now, they never placed a limit of any kind in their email as to how many we could order. I know Ranger did have it on their site, but if it was limited via the distributor they should have advised that in their email announcement also.

All we can do is see if they will produce more, but I am sure they won't :(
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

And I have just checked the distributor website and the product has now vanished!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Shame on Ranger is all I can say.... not fair to OWSE or those of us who would have liked the product.

Sharon, the Ranger website says this: ORDER LIMIT: 12 sets of Seasonal Distress Inks per retail store in their press release...

Monica
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm really glad I had decided that I don't need this. Ranger isn't doing a dratted thing to endear themselves to the TH fan base.

There are currently 2,562 comments on his blog of people who want the pads with a lot of them saying they want multiples. Now if less than 5% of his fans have posted a comment, which is waaay too conservative an estimate, they'd need to create at a minimum 50,000 pads. Then there are lots of people who have to purchase at least 2 of everything, and you see where the figures are going? Demand absolutely overwhelms supply. Ridiculous. It doesn't take an economics professor to see that it's an easy way to piss folks off, Tim.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I told DH about this and his comment? Why aren't they doing pre-orders for a certain time, then simply filling only those orders? I told him that makes too much sense!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monica
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I pre-ordered a set from Blue Moon Scrapbooking. Seriously doubt if I'll get them. I do try to make an effort to buy American when I can and I try to shop from small businesses as much as I can. Do I think Ranger will learn a lesson from this fiasco? :roll: Maybe they will own-up to this huge mistake? They've made good on bad products in the past. We'll see.
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

nancine wrote::wtf:

I've just always wanted to use that smilie...
Me too. You crack me up Nancy!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

HI everyone,

Just wanted to chime in to say that my CS friend Cheryl Mixon has some at her website **(I couldn't find them but she mentioned she was going to have them) I have an email into her about it.

http://www.mixonmatch.com

Don't know if this is really addressing the issue at hand but wanted you all to know.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Let us know if she's actually able to get any. I would prefer to keep my order at OWSE if they can get them from the distributor, but alternatively I will galdly support the business of another person I know!

Monica
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm hoping OWSE is able to get the sets they were promised, too...
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I think she was able to get 8 and only 8. So the first ones who ordered will get them and everyone else refunds
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Cheryl said that she ordered 12 sets and they have shipped. She has promised some to her regular customers who had told her they had wanted them. But will put up the other sets if any are left on her site.

I understand about wanting to see what the other place can do first. ;)