Spoiler gallery photos:

http://www.paperartistsonline.com/galle ... p?album=56

Any subject matter, but you may only use:

Robin's Egg blue
Vanilla
Magenta
Coffee
Leaf green

Make 10, get 9. Please do your best work, and have a sturdy backing.
Due February 1, 2009
ChristyB

Re: ATC swap: color pallette #1

Post by ChristyB »

Luanne wrote:Any subject matter, but you may only use:

Robin's Egg blue
Vanilla
Magenta
Coffee
Leaf green

Make 10, get 9. Please do your best work, and have a sturdy backing.
Due February 1, 2002
Coffee as in the color or the actually use of coffee? just clarifying I've used both :D
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Coffee as in color. Not coffee with cream, just plain black coffee, well, maybe with a splash of cream so it's not so dark, but not latte or cappuchino or frapuchino...some sugar or equal would be ok too, since that doesn't really change the color...but once you start adding flavor shots, well, then that's entirely another thing... so I would say about 8 oz, no that's not nearly enough...16 oz (which would be a grande or vente, I forget) of coffee with 1 ounce of milk. Now, I would probably use whole milk, because it's the closest to cream without all the calories, but not as watered down as 2 %, definitely not skim though, that makes a muddied color. While we're deciding on the type of coffee, not Dunkin Doughnuts they let it sit too long and it can get bitter, but Starbucks is also very strong and more along the lines of black. hmmmmm, let me think.....I would say a nice dark roasted Sumatra (Fair trade of course), 15 ounces, so you have room for that 1 ounce of whole milk, and 3 raw sugar packets. That should get you the right color.

Did you want me to specify the vanilla??? :poke:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

LMAO at you two!

I'm in. Sounds like some of your colors are those that can be found in CS's Mirror Mirror kit, which I have POPs for. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Luanne wrote:Coffee as in color. Not coffee with cream, just plain black coffee, well, maybe with a splash of cream so it's not so dark, but not latte or cappuchino or frapuchino...some sugar or equal would be ok too, since that doesn't really change the color...but once you start adding flavor shots, well, then that's entirely another thing... so I would say about 8 oz, no that's not nearly enough...16 oz (which would be a grande or vente, I forget) of coffee with 1 ounce of milk. Now, I would probably use whole milk, because it's the closest to cream without all the calories, but not as watered down as 2 %, definitely not skim though, that makes a muddied color. While we're deciding on the type of coffee, not Dunkin Doughnuts they let it sit too long and it can get bitter, but Starbucks is also very strong and more along the lines of black. hmmmmm, let me think.....I would say a nice dark roasted Sumatra (Fair trade of course), 15 ounces, so you have room for that 1 ounce of whole milk, and 3 raw sugar packets. That should get you the right color.

wrinkling my nose---I only drink it black no cream, milk, sugar or anything else added to it. Sumatra is good though--I can work with that :lol:
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

:coffee3: Bwa ha ha!!! I'm in.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Luly

Post by Luly »

Luanne wrote:Coffee as in color. Not coffee with cream, just plain black coffee, well, maybe with a splash of cream so it's not so dark, but not latte or cappuchino or frapuchino...some sugar or equal would be ok too, since that doesn't really change the color...but once you start adding flavor shots, well, then that's entirely another thing... so I would say about 8 oz, no that's not nearly enough...16 oz (which would be a grande or vente, I forget) of coffee with 1 ounce of milk. Now, I would probably use whole milk, because it's the closest to cream without all the calories, but not as watered down as 2 %, definitely not skim though, that makes a muddied color. While we're deciding on the type of coffee, not Dunkin Doughnuts they let it sit too long and it can get bitter, but Starbucks is also very strong and more along the lines of black. hmmmmm, let me think.....I would say a nice dark roasted Sumatra (Fair trade of course), 15 ounces, so you have room for that 1 ounce of whole milk, and 3 raw sugar packets. That should get you the right color.

I got it, Im in!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

oh yes---forgot to say I am in.
nancine

Post by nancine »

I'm in... I'll watch the coffee color when I make them but I think I need a Peppermint Mocha to get in the groove :coffee3:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

How can I not be in with something that requires COFFEE! I am in :coffee3: :coffee3: :coffee3:
FARLEY in Sacramento
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Ha ha ha--you are all giving me a good laugh this afternoon.
...and oh yes, I'm in...
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

No accent color?
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

magenta, like the color on a box of apple coated watermelon nerds.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I'm in if I can get the right blend, brew, mixture, aroma, milk and sugar proportion to my coffee...good lord! I think I have an ink called coffee...I sure as :censor: hope I do!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

hopefully you all know I'm just kidding. Just a brown that is reminiscent of coffee...however you take it.