Transparant ATCs

New tricks to amaze your friends
InkPattie

Re: Transparant ATCs

Post by InkPattie »

Doesn't anyone do takeout any more? Those clear plastic boxes that you get with sandwiches in them, or for doggie bags? My DH is getting annoyed at how much plastic I am saving!

Plastic pie plate lids, kitchen gadgets, any electronic gadgets that are impossible to get out of their packaging...take a close look at how much smooth plastic there is. If it is printed, you may just have a ready-made background!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I have a pile of unwanted plastic report covers...guess I'm in!
FARLEY in Sacramento
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Instead of saving the entire piece, I cut an atc out and throw the rest away. You could cut 6x6 pieces too, then save them in a folder.
alisonandboys

Post by alisonandboys »

Luanne are you going to post one of yours? I would love to see it or them!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Just think of it as a smaller piece of acrylic when you start working on it. Staz On ink, paint, rub-ons, alcohol ink - I can give you ideas; I just can't give you any plastic. LOL.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Ok, assignment for tonight...eat something from plastic...try takeout or the deli counter!!!!
Luly

Post by Luly »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:Ok, assignment for tonight...eat something from plastic...try takeout or the deli counter!!!!
Ruth Ann Landry

Oh, and I guess you should specify...NO styrofoam...allergic the that...must be contained in plastic...oh, by the way, clear plastic..allergic to that black stuff!
nancine

Post by nancine »

The packages that Cuttlebug embossing folders come is is PERFECT for this - I have a little stash of those!
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I bought some Tim Holtz trinkets yesterday, and the front of the packaging has indentations for the trinkets, but the back was smooth and clear. Perfect! So I have three more (I didn't say I just bought one package :lol: ).
Ruth Ann Landry

I removed all my grungeboard from its original packaging and ended up with LOTS of clear plastic!
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

oooh! I haven't done that yet! I'll have enough to do a double set of swap cards! :roll:
Wezz

Post by Wezz »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:I cut and saved all the plastic from my cuttlebug plates.....I heard they could be embossed and just cut and saved them...but I have tons of the lighter weight overhead transparency film....

Ohhh tell me more please! I just recently got a cuttlebug, and want to know how you can emboss the plastic you save from the plates. Do you mean I can emboss it using the cuttlebug and the embossing folders? Or.... how???

Hugs,
Wezz (who's not feeling too well today)

http://cyberwezz.blogspot.com
http://cyberwezz.etsy.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

4nancie wrote:I was just asking my Daughter to save some of the plastic for me then the :idea: Light :idea: went on. I have tons well they dont weigh a ton but I have a lot of those clear cases that the stampin up stamps come in. They are neatly piled in my Garage jest waiting for a use!!

Nancie
Those SU clear boxes are great for all kinds of things. I keep tons of embellishments and small supplies in them: sequins, mosaic pieces, buttons in several, my pearl ex jars in two of them, tubes of glitter and seed beads, extra blades for various tools, etc, etc. I used to have all different sizes for different things but now I mostly use the ones that are about 6.5 x 5.5" as they fit into baskets and drawers easily. They all stack very nicely. I even got some extra boxes from a forum member some years ago.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I agree, Marianne. I have tons of SU boxes, because I put my SU stamps on EZMount and in CD cases. I use the SU boxes to put 3-4 UM background stamps, my Twinkling H2Os, big sets of UM stamps (stuck to the top and bottom plus more loose in the middle), punchies, inchie parts, beading supplies, etc.

I don't take my WM stamps off the blocks, so I put them in the SU boxes by category. Much easier to look through a stack of boxes than through random places all over the room (well, I still have plenty of randomness, but I go through the stack first).

On the clubscrapchat forum, someone posted a card they made where they put the clear plastic waste piece (trim off the raised edges) through the Cuttlebug. I think it was the swirly folder. Then the inked the raised edges with Stazon, and it was awesome! I think it was mounted over some other interesting background, and made a beautiful card...