Transparant ATCs

New tricks to amaze your friends
InkPattie

Re: Transparant ATCs

Post by InkPattie »

Pam E posted a card made with a Cuttlebugged soda can. Awesome work!

http://www.clubscrapchat.com/phpbb3/vie ... tic#p81136
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

nancine wrote:The packages that Cuttlebug embossing folders come is is PERFECT for this - I have a little stash of those!
To Think I threw all mine away!! I was going to save them but I save everything so its time to stop saving unless I for sure have a purpose for it.
Darn It I knew as soon as I throw stuff away I will need it.

Oh well I still have my SU boxes.
Nancie
neith

Post by neith »

:) I used to do this a bunch, but then the kids stopped getting toys with lots of plastic! (when they were in preschool and early elementary, everything was in them and I always saved it for crafts)... but then I started buying write-on transparencies to store my um stamps on, until all the manufacturers stopped making them thick and perfect for crafting :( (I actually contacted every manufacturer carried by all the major office supply places and asked for them to send me samples, not a single transparency was good for what I wanted!)

I used them for all kinds of things.... and even a few ATCS! Here's one of my very first batches of ATCs with some diluted alcohol inks painted onto the back of the ATCs, Mica Magic ink stamped onto the front (both in a pale pink shade) and then a fairy stamped and painted in with dye ink pads and perfect pearls, glued to the back, and the ATC frame glued around the whole shebang... this is OLD and really one of my first ATCs, so please don't yell about the crappy plain cardstock, etc!

The next is from the swap we did at the 2006 CS Retreat where we were supposed to pick a word/phrase that was local and a little quirky, then embody it in an ATC... I picked Jimmies, aka sprinkles and took a lil macro shot of them on some soft serve... I did print the word in white on the photo, but then I etched it out with a motorized engraving took (Chizzel it or another one, I forget), glued it to one side of the transparency and the cardstock matte on the other side... then printed the other word onto copy paper and laid it under the ATC while I etched it into the transparency :) Simple, but I liked it :)

n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Those are cool Neith! I'll have to play around with some plastic today.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I have people save me the "report covers" at work - they are clear - nice and thick and make great stencils too. I make my Iris Fold stencils out of them and have tried masks too (not to good at that yet), but someone mentioned using the Cricut to cut out stencils from the plastic.

I also use the plastic to make "windows" on a scrapbook page or a card.

I save the cardboard backing from paper packs or toys too - you can use the Sizzix dies and make thicker die cuts.

There are a lot of uses for "leftovers".
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Love the jimmies card NEith
when we moved down here I asked for them once, The girl behind the counter just kept looking at me until I pointed to them
Jimmies aka sprinkles :roll:
neith

Post by neith »

:) I began ordering them as "sprinkles" after I got to college and learned that everyone from outside the area had no clue what jimmies were!