Inspiration in 2012

New tricks to amaze your friends
Debbie J

Re: Inspiration in 2012

Post by Debbie J »

I just watched it too. Looked fun to create with total abandon! I don't know it I could do that every time, because I would be afraid it would be too wasteful----like I don't have the stuff to waste.............it's just what if I had to THROW away a tag I made and didn't like? eeeeeks
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Debbie J wrote:I just watched it too. Looked fun to create with total abandon! I don't know it I could do that every time, because I would be afraid it would be too wasteful----like I don't have the stuff to waste.............it's just what if I had to THROW away a tag I made and didn't like? eeeeeks
See, that's it exactly - I can't be wasteful like that. I mean, I know that it has a purpose, but I've never been a wasteful person in my entire life. And what she was doing with those full 12x12 pieces of paper just made me cringe. That's what the scrap bin is for lady! And some of that paint and spray can be expensive. The idea of slathering it down on something that can just be thrown away just seems painful.

And... it all comes down to my left brain being an absolute bully and my right brain still just cowers in the corner. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

I found it very interesting! I think that it at least deserves a try. I save the white pages (it's a shocker, huh!) I could use those as my "toss tags" and see how it works. I need to learn to create without fear of failure!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have a 2010 daily calendar (purse-sized) that I'm using for a collage journal. I cut up some scraps lying on my table and just made some collages on a few of the pages (using the old calendar help off-set any wasteful feelings - LOL!). I did a couple of pages with some new sprays that I've bought over the past couple of months - more to see the actual color, how transparent, how shimmery...fun to do!
Pam Cook #48
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I watched it and liked some of her ideas. I don't think I'd ever do it to the degree she does or every time before I work on something as a warm up.

A lot of times while I'm working on something else, I'll pull out AJ's/tags/ATC's and just make partial backgrounds with the items I'm using. Later I can continue to build it. It's a really good way to have some started and not have to stare a blank page. It's also a good way to make use of the paint poured out, paint or ink on stencils, etc that you always have left over and not waste it.

I need to remember to do it more on tags. I like the way she cut her tags into shapes.

Today even before I saw the video, I pulled out an AJ did some backgounds on several pages with some of the stuff I was sorting. I thought, I don't want to throw this away and I don't want to have to decide where to store it, so slapped it on some pages. Later I saw her video and thought that's what I just got through doing earlier today. I was just cutting and gluing without even thinking of the outcome.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Well, darn it all. I subscribed but didn't get my post for today, so I just subscribed and confirmed again. Maybe eventually I'll get something.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

pbp908 wrote:Well, darn it all. I subscribed but didn't get my post for today, so I just subscribed and confirmed again. Maybe eventually I'll get something.

Pam - I just subscribed earlier today, but I haven't gotten anything yet either. :creating:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Now who would have thought to use TP like Carmen did today? Not me. But I like it!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

When it comes to supplies for a project - nothing is sacred!
What a beautiful ATC. Gotta try this one.

Speaking of UTEE - has anyone ever seen black UTEE in the stores? Online?
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Mine is drying - I'll play with it when I get home from work.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I love working with TP but have mostly used it to do impressions using rubber stamps as molds. No embossing folder is going to be safe now from TP!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I haven't even looked yet.... ignored emails all weekend!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nancine

Post by nancine »

I don't think I will do the warm up exercise each time I venture out to work in my space, but I think it will be a great thing to try on those days when I just don't know where to start!

Love the TP idea of Cuchy today... and I remember using it to make molds on stamps before, but in the EF, cool.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I haven't did any yet either. I'll be home tomorrow and no grandkids there.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Paula

Post by Paula »

I think that I need to buy better TP!!! Mine tore..........
:(