January 2012 Scrapbook Challenge - Winner announced!

pamcook

Re: January 2012 Scrapbook Challenge

Post by pamcook »

Gorgeous pages!
Paula - I love that you worked with some old photos and yes, I remember the angel hair and tinsel. We reused both year after year until they would crumble.
Sue - your niece is simply adorable! I love that you used the cream/white/gold combo with this photo. It's just perfect.
Laurie - it's so good to see you scrapbooking again!. I know it can be difficult to use photos of relatives that aren't with us here anymore but I'll bet there were some smiles while you remembered that day.

Just now home from Archivers. I did a cream, white & gold page and hope to get it posted tomorrow. Driving home, I was brainstorming about how to use my new PanPastels (thanks Debbie!) on a layout I want to get done tomorrow...
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I received all of my grandpa's old slides when I was up in Washington for my grandma's funeral and I've been slowly getting them scanned in to the computer. I've only hit the tip of the iceberg though and have hundreds to go. This is me at age 5 at my grandma's for Christmas. Just love the maryjane's and little white gloves. And those wire peacocks on the wall were just part of grandma's house. I don't think they ever moved. This is mostly the Versailles kit, but I used a Raspberry Roads cluster that I manipulated the perspective on so I could make it look like I was sitting in the chair. Some of these slides have some serious focus issues too, so I faded the tree into the background since the lights looked like they were in motion.
Attachments
Christmas1968High.jpg
Christmas1968High.jpg (75.54 KiB) Viewed 194 times
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Love it Rachelle. That is beautiful.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, everyone is off to a great start!!

As we were driving home today from taking our visitors to the train station, I saw a lady dragging her Christmas tree out of her house. There was the unmistakable gleam of tinsel on it so it's still being used. I used to hate how long it took to pick off all the tinsel. We put on a ton of it and reused it every year, too.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great page Rachelle! The colors are really nice with your photos.
I love those mary janes and the gloves, too. Didn't we feel all grownup when we wore them?
Pam Cook #48
betty innc

Post by betty innc »

I love all these layouts. They bring back many memories. I need to get some of my old Christmas pictures out and see what I can do.
Does anyone remember the bubble lights. I know I am dating myself but we had them on live cedar trees when I was growing up in the 50's. We would go out in the pasture or edge of the woods and cut down a cedar tree a couple of days before Christmas. You have really brought back memories for me.
Paula

Post by Paula »

betty innc wrote:I love all these layouts. They bring back many memories. I need to get some of my old Christmas pictures out and see what I can do.
Does anyone remember the bubble lights. I know I am dating myself but we had them on live cedar trees when I was growing up in the 50's. We would go out in the pasture or edge of the woods and cut down a cedar tree a couple of days before Christmas. You have really brought back memories for me.
Yes, I remember the bubble lights! I just saw them in an antique shop. We used them every year. I also had to toss the tinsel, one by one, onto the tree. I still have some in my Christmas ornaments box just have to hold on I guess!!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We have very few Christmas photos from when I was a child, but I remember Daddy always brought home a cedar tree and my mother hung each darned strand of tinsel one at a time and they had to hang perfectly. The tree was beautiful, but good grief it took her forever. I think I know where there's one photo of me at Christmas, so that'll be perfect for this challenge.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I can't wait to see that photo, Pam!

Yes, Betty, we had the bubble lights, too. I loved them!
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Betty that is exactly what we would do each year. Dad would pile as many of us that were old enough into the car and off we would go. The tree never looked too big in the woods but we would always need to have some cut off so it would fit. It even had to be tied up so it wouldn't come crashing down. That was even with high ceilings. The fragrance was wonderful.
betty innc wrote:I love all these layouts. They bring back many memories. I need to get some of my old Christmas pictures out and see what I can do.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Rachelle your layout is really wonderful. I love the gloves and the shoes.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Betty,
We did that too. I remember one year Dad brought one home that was so big that he ended up cutting from the bottom and the top of the tree...that year we had a square tree. Mom was so mad. LOL......those were the years.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

This is the only Christmas photo of me when I was small, and darned if whoever took the photo didn't cut my head off! :lol: We had driven all night to get to my grandmother's house in Virginia (Daddy preferred to drive at night), and this was probably around 5:30 in the morning. My poor brother looks like a deer in the headlights.
Old Fashioned Christmassml.jpg
Old Fashioned Christmassml.jpg (264.9 KiB) Viewed 166 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Very nice LO Pam. I love pictures like that, it happened to me as a child too.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Love it!
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)