The Lochridge Slides

mpizzazz

Re: The Lochridge Slides

Post by mpizzazz »

Oh, I am so glad that you documented working on the slides. That will also be a treasure. How about a companion page about after the scanning, the photoshoping if they need cleaning up and then doing the layouts??
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I am loving these so much. And look at how gorgeous your mom looked that soon after giving birth! Two weeks afterwards I was still in my maternity clothes. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Love your LO! Your Mom reminds me of Mrs. Cleaver!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Rachelle, that's a beautiful LO with your mom. And now we all know how young you are. :lol:
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Thanks everyone! Just got off the phone with my mom for our annual Mother's Day chat (if we're not within visiting distance). She saw the pic on blog and filled me in with some background. She said that that pic was taken the week end we came home from the hospital; she spent 3 days in the hospital. They had been camping at the ocean the week before and I was born 2 weeks early, the night of her scheduled baby shower. She was all dressed up because there was a flood of people coming to see me (1st grandchild on both sides of the family). And she gained a whole 27 pounds during her pregnancy and had to lose 10 pounds to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. :censor: that's all I have to say about that!

Here's a fairly recent picture of my mom; she's still a beautiful lady!
Attachments
Georgia.jpg
Georgia.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Rachelle,
I am so enjoying your stories. I wish I had more than just a few photos from my history. I would love to find a box somewhere but when I put a call out to relatives, I only had one even respond. It breaks my heart to think they're just sitting in a box somewhere (hopefully they havent been thrown out)

Anyway, keep the stories coming! They are so interesting to read about! and thank you for sharing!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Last week the theme was home towns, so I used a series of pics from the annual Springorama parade through the town of Buckley, Washington. This is my mom's home town, though I spent many a week end there with my grandparents. My grandpa was a full Scot and loved to listen to the pipes, so I'm guessing that's why there were several slides of the bagpipers marching in the parade.

This week's theme is black and white, so I chose this lovely pic of my parent's dressed up in their Sunday best I think for Easter.
Attachments
Springorama65_edited-1.jpg
Springorama65_edited-1.jpg (126.32 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Georgia and Jeff April 64_edited-2.jpg
Georgia and Jeff April 64_edited-2.jpg (99.97 KiB) Viewed 363 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Wonderful LOs. The top two photos of the pipers? Those are the same as our marching band uniforms at the HS. :lol: Winged doublet with epaulets, Glengary hat, and Royal Stewart kilts and the plaids wrapped and over the shoulders. Thank heavens we did away with the white spats!

Your mom is still a remarkably attractive woman. You look quite a bit like her. I'm really enjoying this peek into your past.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

You knocked it out of the park with these! Love both of them!
Paula

Post by Paula »

What Deb said! And I love that quote!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Beautiful layouts, Rachelle!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I love these layouts. What fun memories!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Finally got caught up looking at all your wonderful work. Your family is so very lucky that you are doing this for them. A wonderful job on each and every one of them. Your mom and grandmother are really beautiful ladies.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

What a wonderful LO of your parents!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Had to step out of the slides for this week. I've been wanting to scrap these photos of my great great grandmother for awhile and they fit in well with the theme of remembrance. Elizabeth's sons were loggers and she ran the chow line at the logging camp. Sadly, her youngest, (my great grandfather) died in the woods when his appendix burst and they weren't able to get him to a doctor in time. My grandfather (his son) was 16 at the time. He also lost his mother within that year to an unknown ailment (probably cancer) and he lived with his older sister (who raised their baby brother too) until he became a carpenter and married my grandmother.
Attachments
ElizabethBagbyLochridge_edited-3.jpg
ElizabethBagbyLochridge_edited-3.jpg (98.94 KiB) Viewed 328 times